It would be so easy for the factory to do this and probably wouldn't add $20 to the cost of the canoe. Soon I realized that the extra seat was not really meant for a third person (even if it serves for that purpose also if you don't carry gear very much). My wife and I had talked about getting or building an all-around touring canoe. February 17th, 2006. for sale. Avoid scams, deal locally I also like to be able to paddle solo, so I removed the thwart behind the front seat and added a rear-facing solo seat. Solo carrying the Spirit II on even a short 200-meter portage, I definitely felt every one of its 64 pounds. A model spirit ii in addition to a countryregion of manufacture equivalent to united states , Fun canoe kayaking. My wife and I only recently purchased the Spirit II, Tuf-weave with all-wood trim and web seats. 60 years old, I wanted a boat that I could get the wife and dogs out onto the water without giving up to much to performance. SPIRIT II. no hidden. It's stable and efficient and can handle a wide range of boating conditions. no favorites. Wenonah Spirit II Fiberglass Kevlar Canoe. Paddled well loaded and unloaded while fishing. challenged a 15 MPH + headwind and it cut through the water with ease. It's my first elbow paddle. It is probably a fine canoe, but I found the seats too high. Cheap. $800. The gel coat is easy to scratch on the bottom, but you just have to accept that with any gel coated boat. performed great fully loaded.This boat is fast,tracks well and maneuvers well enough to catch eddies even fully loaded.the best tandem river canoe ever.This is the boat of choice. For us it was between the Adirondack in Royalex or this boat. On sale. It paddles well and moves easily, but not fast and effortlessly. After moving to Alaska three years ago. Dick's Sporting Goods the next morning and bought four more straps. With some research and guidance from the sales team I landed on the Wenonah Spirit II. The Roylex holds up well. I am a harsh critic generally but I urge anyone thinking about a canoe to check out a kevlar Spirit II. Anyway we took it on countless day trips last year and stable are an understatement even with the dogs both in the 60lbs. for sale. lincoln. This is the one that my kids and I used to crab in Winchester Bay and fish on the Chetco River and lower Columbia. Ask 1000s boat. The stainless steel~, The discovery 119. joplin. Enjoy new unique. You get what you pay for!! Ive been very pleased with the More pictures. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping. This is one of Wenonahs Spirit IIs trademarks. Your access to this service has been limited. favoritar anncio Fev 4 100% All Natural Canoe $23,000 (tus > Kingston Springs) Pic 245.2mi ocultar anncio rest. At the time of printing Wenonahs production team is waiting for shipments of more T-Formex sheets, but Renner says many have been already pre-sold. This is my tenth canoe so I can compare it with plenty of others. Tuf-weave canoes offer improved impact resistance and are a great compromise between light weight, performance, and price. Great canoe! It is a freighter with a heart of a cruiser. We looked into Wenonah's Minnesota II or 3, but my heart sort of beats for the Northstar Nothwind 20. It's great!!! I was in front, and there were times as I was driving hard, the bow came out of the water, and my friend was still able to steer and handle the boat in the wind and chop. refresh results with search filters open search menu. bend for sale "canoes" - craigslist. Picked up a used Wenonah Spirit II a few weeks ago in gelcoated kevlar with wood trim. As efficient as a long-hulled canoe and as maneuverable as a short one, the Spirit II strikes a balance between all good things. I own a SR Quetcio 17 and love it. The Spirit II is a little shorter than some of the other touring/tripping models by Wenonah and has a slight bit of rocker. I bought a kevcore Spirit II with wood trim and cane seats in '89. All this with an expedition load for shore camping along the way. It's also stable as a rock unloaded. However, I will probably install some Kevlar stem guards since speed isnt an issue. Does well with kids. There is also a hitch-mount designed for a standard 2 receiver so that the canoe can be hauled by a truck or SUV. Heres how I rate the Spirit II. We carried the majority of gear for four people on our 5 day British Columbia trip. Unloaded there is a tendency to oilcan just a bit (between my wife and I we make about 400 pounds of cargo, thus increasing the likelihood of oilcanning). We-No- Na company very nice to deal with. Rolyex has a lot less drag than HDPE (including PolyLink3), but cant compare with the polished finish you can adorn composites with. ; wenonah.com. Needlesstosay, the contrast between the two boats is severe. I bought a 1997 Spirit II last week. You will then receive an email that helps you regain access. Pictures available. I want a Wenonah Spirit II so bad!! Other than Factory Demo's, these are brand-new canoes. To see if its truly the kind of canoe a dealer in Missoula could sellto anyone we paddled it in a variety of conditions. Seats, footbraces, and all hardware is then riveted into these plates. I have paddled my tuff weave Spirit II for 2 years, I am returned to canoes after 40 years of kayaking. If you think you have been blocked in error, contact the owner of this site for assistance. A price you pay for a sleek touring canoe and no flair on the freeboard. It does everything Wenonah says it does. Longview. Its solid as a rock. Buttermilk Falls presented a bit more challenge (many barely submerged rocks) but the Royalex slid off any gotchas. boats 28; sporting goods 12; . This is our first canoe and we just love it. We've used it for more than 30 years to construct extremely light and tough canoes. I have three other tandem canoes also, all various brands. We have many, many years of tandem canoe experience and were using a 25 year old fiberglass Mohawk that had provided years of loyal and honorable service. The canoe holds a tremendous amount of gear and is stable. You must enable JavaScript to use craigslist. $2,799 USD + $350 wood trim upgrade It tracks really well, and likes the bent shaft. I wish it were faster, but do not hold it against the Spirit II. We also add extra fabric layers to strengthen specific targeted areas. The other thing that we've found is that compared to my parents Minnesota II the capacity on the Spirit is far greater. Wenonah Kingfisher Tuff Weave Flex Core Canoe 2016 - $1,500 (Saint Cloud) I have a 2016 Wenonah Kingfisher canoe in the Tuff weave flex core lay up. For sale. Thought I would check out a Bell Yellowstone Tandem. Wenonah's Spirit II, a sleek all-purpose canoe made for multi-day trips, is available in several configurations. but I would be hard pressed to believe there is better. On one camping river trip, I had roughly 700 pounds in it between the 2 paddlers and gear. Wenonah based in the US, SR based in Canada. . It was equipped with a third seat which I thought to be a little funny at first. The owner of this site is using Wordfence to manage access to their site. Perfect for lake travel but at home on moving water. The Spirit 2 is a good paddler and fairly stable. I have the kevlar bow and stern layups. Brand new in original box The bottom line is it works and is easily maneuverable, but is nothing stellar to solo other than recreationally. Free easy retur~, Your bay convenient,. We have also went down the Russian River in it and plan many more such trips. Its been well used and has scratches on bottom but no major damage and floats great. paddle. My wife and I love it. Find it all here. I'm pretty much able to navigate the canoe in some mild winds all by myself. all. Great canoe for two people. Haswing hand control. After two years of building the Spirit in fiberglass and Kevlar, Wenonah found the process of removing it from the mould was too cumbersome and made a modification to the nose. I love my Spirit II - Tufweave 17' 67 Lbs, its paddle well, handles well on flat water and the class 1 rivers near by. do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers post id: 7590997678 Aluminum plates are strategically laminated into the hull. Great for day trips and good for extended trips. straps across the roof it was solid all the way home (south of Pittsburgh). I was also impressed with the ease with which the Spirit II rolled over rocks on which I typically would have at least paused. You can not make a mistake with either of these proven craft. I'm actually able to fit my 3 kids in the middle between the thwarts. mason city ia call 1-888-800-1932 top cash paid. Since it still makes me happy every time my wife and I use it I haven't found a reason to replace it. Price to be agreed upon~, Thanks! I think that the Spirit II is the best tandem canoe made. This one weighs in at about 57 pounds, so not an ultralight, but not a heavyweight either. Very comfortable to sit in all day and paddle. The Spirit II is a wonderful all-round canoe that easily paddles rivers and streams with its 1.5 Rocker yet tracks nicely on an open lake with a breeze. boats - by owner, Wenonah Spirit II Fiberglass Kevlar Canoe, do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers. Most of the compliments mentioned by other reviewers are valid, but there are some downsides too. We will send you an email notification. Why choose n~, Often many pages. Mom, Dad, boys (6 & 12)and minimal gear. CL. I finally got my Spirit II in royalex out on the Buffalo river in NW Arkansas this weekend for a 10-mile float after some heavy rains. It has only seen one season of adventure. It was just a few inches off the water, and we landed just fine. I am 6'6" tall and weigh 250 and so is my son, and the reason I am posting this review is to add some information for larger paddlers considering this boat. Finally, if you do buy one, add Wenonah's bent-shaft Brio paddle to the order. No wonder Canoe & Kayak Magazine said, "if you could have only one canoe to serve all your needs for the rest of your life, the Spirit II would be one of the very few candidates." I have the older model Tuf-weave and the weight is about 63lbs. The Spirit II makes us regret the decades and hundreds of miles we spent oil canning rivers and lakes in our Oltonar canoes. Adding gear to the bottom lowers center of gravity and of course the boat gets more secure on secondary. for sale. all. 3 big adults? Find Wenonah Canoe faster ! All old to~, Check out these interesting ads related to "wenonah canoe", Green wenonah canoe. Kevlar is the best! Third season now. Roomy enough. Great loaded for trips on moving water, and tracks well enough on flatwater lakes and bayous that are prevelent around coastal Texas. I will continue to use this canoe as long as I feel comfortable portaging it up to 1 mile. So you could say it also has good aerodynamic stability too. They are ideal for speed and distance paddling and for all people or conditions that demand the lightest gear. It was a major blow to the canoeing community and kicked off a canoe material soap opera. After going to the BWCA a handful of time and being in my late teens I bought what I could afford, a 100 lb grummand canoe. It is light enough for me to carry by myself and for my wife and I to get on top of our SUV. Wenonah Spirit II Fiberglass Kevlar Canoe $1,500 (ksc > Pleasanton) Pic 244.6mi ocultar anncio rest. The pair pulled up their bar stools andsketched the ideal model on a wrinkled napkin. We have rocky streams in pennsylvania and Posted So if you are looking for an incredible canoe, with attributes listed above, get a Spirit II, or another Ultralight of suitable size. Aluminum plates are strategically laminated into the hull. The canoe itself is 17 long and is a Wenonah Spirit II. If you like to hunt, fish, photograph wildlife, or just sneak around, this is the vessel. I have agonized over buying a good fishing canoe for a couple of years now, to replace my Grumman 19' square stern. They are ideal for speed and distance paddling and for all people or conditions that demand the lightest gear. Wenonah Spirit II Tuf-Weave Canoe. It has been a joy to Condition is Used. This includes an incredible 60 mile+ trip and portage in the back country waters of British Columbia. My fishing buddy had a different model We-no-nah canoe, and he likes the Spirit II better. I've been paddling this canoe for about five years. This is one well made, well designed canoe! It is a very stable boat without giving up alot of speed or tracking. Love the light weight of this Kevlar ultra lite. You must earn your speed with a discounted cadence. called and ordered the front rack for the truck -- it can't come too soon! kansas city > refresh results with search filters open search menu. "Balanced" is the best word to describe the Spirit II. The Minnesota II you don't want to load much beyond 600 pounds. After experiencing various hull shapes, Ill probably never be happy with anything but an arced bottom. Last year, this boat circumnavigated Catalina Island off the SoCal coast in nothing short of grand style. no favorites. This gives a very secure connection and eliminates rivet heads on the exterior. We now bought our 2nd We-no-nah canoe. This is a very well rounded canoe. First understand Im used to our Racer, so these issues may not be issues for most canoeists. In our Ultra-light construction a structural-foam core and ribs are laminated into the hull and sides. Though Royalex will scratch, it will slide over rocks I've taken the Spirit II on a number of river trips. That said, I've sold the J-18 and I really need to demo a Solo-Plus Back to Spirit II and stability. Grand Marais. In five days it seemed to have the full spectrum tossed at it from big swirling waves on Snowbank Lake with no oilcanning that I noticed. for sale. It just isn't the same canoe beyond the 6 inch waterline. If you have paddling experience and are looking for a do-everything canoe thats as efficient as possible, check out our performance touring lineup. I knew I we needed a lightweight canoe, stable for two larger adults and guess what was my first choice? Not as fast as my Itasca was but much more stable and forgiving. I would buy another if I lost this one. I'm impressed with the stability of the canoe so far. We love it! As efficient as a long-hulled canoe and as maneuverable as a short one, the Spirit II strikes a balance between all good things. This gives a very secure connection and eliminates rivet heads on the exterior. for sale. In every condition experienced, the Spirit II did an exceptional job. The Spirit II is great for the Canadian style as well. for sale. kansas city boats "canoe" - craigslist. Have had the canoe down a couple of local rivers. Beware wiring (e.g. Mutually agreeable price. kansas city. Several times a year we try to introduce people to the sport. Luckily, I remember Ely, Minnesota, Paragis had a good supply and would transport them at a reasonable fee. First, it doesn't feel like a Royalex boat. CL. "At 17' long, it strikes a good balance between the efficiency of a longer hull and the maneuvering of a shorter one.The Spirit II is safe and roomy, too, having capacity for medium-heavy trips. The longest canoe we have at the moment is a 17' Wenonah Spirit II. refresh results with search filters open search menu. Admittedly, I have a special interest in choice of canoes due to my desire to sail my boat more than paddle. Please contact me. We got the Spirit II in Tuf-weave Flexcore. We look forward to many years of pleasure with this canoe. If you mainly plan on paddling smaller rivers and streams, look here or some highly maneuverable canoes that excel in down-river fun. I t is a great canoe. It oilcans a bit in chop, but that's an acceptable price to pay for the Recommend. Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association, The Great Canadian Kayak Challenge & Festival. A factory second-quality canoe is also called a Blem. refresh results with search filters open search menu. The 50-year-old canoe company has plans to produce seven of its models in T-Formex in 2017. Affordable. The gunwales are great: narrow yet very solid, as are the seat hangers, though I angled the seats just a little to improve kneeling comfort. The RX is holding up very well though. Adirondack 16' 0" Escapade 16' 6" Escape 17' 6" . for sale. It travels distances easily yet turns extremely well. We put a center float bag I got very cheap at the death of Galyans sale and when over inflated this helps the oil canning some. Because when you spin it around its a pretty decent solo canoe. $1,400. Real Stable, wont capsize until the the gunnel is level with the water. The handling with my 3 small kids and my inexperienced wife is better than expected. We stopped at We purchased a Wenonah Spirit II Royalex, Alaskan ivory with performance package I decided that I would not need my canoe in Juneau, Alaska. Even in heavy chop with swirling winds and waves rolling down the gunwales, we never lost control of the canoe. We are planning a 220 mile trip down the West Branch of the Susquehanna from boats. lake of ozarks. Rock solid for family days or fishing trips, Flat back for motor mount; paddle not required. I've paddled it tandem and with both my wife AND two young kids aboard. Wenonah Kevlar Boundary Waters Canoe Sale. Wenonah bakeda sheet, formed a Spirit II and shipped it here to Canoeroots. Usual trade offs. Wenonah advertises the Spirit II as ideal for sportsmen, whitewater paddlers, families, kids and pretty much anyone else who wants a do-it-all canoe. High capacity: this. Both are highly recommended. Solo paddling is tough if there is significant wind. I'll report on the Spirit II's I love the way it tracks through the water with or without gear. I found the wind moves it around a bit but that is a small thing. My wife and I purchased a Spirit II in kevlar flexcor the spring of 04. Its gotta be UL Kevlar too, and I've been throwing around the idea of buying one brand new. We put in near Shawville, PA, after loading up with about 175 pounds of gear. I'm interested in the wenonah spirit II. If you could have only one canoe to serve all your needs for the rest of your life, the Spirit II would be one of very few candidates. The canoe they dreamed up was 17-feet-long, had a 34-inch waterline, a 36-inch maximum beam, one-and-a-half to two inches of rocker and clean entry and exit lines. no hidden. Other than that, a very able and satisfactory boat for family touring. To be picked up here~, Battery options: the.

The Strange Thing About The Johnsons Rotten Tomatoes, How Much Money Does Dollywood Make A Day, Are Pepperball Guns Legal In North Carolina, Articles W