Non-Linear Lines from Alberta, Canada on February 01, 2011: Thanks for the giggle! lol! Whether this is true or not, they have certainly been vulgarised today. endstream endobj startxref The limerick where the line is from was first written for the Princeton Tiger in 1902. Liz Elias from Oakley, CA on February 17, 2017: ROFL! could do more, but a bit risque'! Where he still held the cash as an asset, And quick as a mouse, Rob Keister, Fountain Valley, CA, Why all the fuss bout this bucket? Male versionThere once was a man from Nantucket. Grabbed the bucket and ran, dont Juneau. and took the motto of Philli, "limericks can be traced back in history", but noting for me, cause i'd piss a streak, as in 'limericks' not so naughty, i know, my might and arms are night sticks, they glow. In stormy weather, Your limericks are humorous and smart and just the right amount of naughty. The opening line is so well known that it has been used as a stand-alone joke, implying upcoming obscenities. lol! You certainly know how to put the words together to make witty tales! Who collected his shrooms in a bucket As he wiped off his chin, if my mouth was a cunt I could fuck it. Nobody has ever accused me of being a poet before. Since the original use of the phrase, it underwent several changes and alterations into many versions. There once was a man from Nantucket, Now, the limerick is so popular that many ribald versions have been written, as well as commonly been told as a stand-alone joke, related to something obscene. There once was a man from sprocket The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. And practically useless on dates. You've got the whitest teeth I've ever come across. The opening line is so well known that it has been used as a stand-alone joke . But his daughter, named Nan, Ran away with a man, And as for the bucket, Nantucket. To claim it by law But Pa still owns land He said with a grin As he wiped off his chin, "If my ear were a cunt I would fuck it! He stumped bare down the lane. Which grew from the sides of her twat. The cash and the bucket, Pawtucket. There once was a man from Nantucket,Whose dick was so long he could suck it.He said with a grin,As he wiped off his chin,"If my ear was a cunt I would fuck it.". Try these physics jokes. Confused? If you have any more good limericks you are welcome to post them in the section below. We love good humor and obviously hilarious jokes followed by a healthy laughter! There was a young girl named Sapphire Who succumbed to her lover's desire. lol! Mohan Kumar from UK on September 17, 2012: So many chuckles in these witty little ditties, Nell Rose. Peter Chubb, Aldeburgh, Suffolk, England, Pa went back to Nantucket, They were mainly used as nursery rhymes for children, but of course because they were short and to the point, they spread to the inn's and taverns and ended up being bawdy and rather rude! Whose prick was so long he could suck it. thanks for reading, nell, Hi Deborah, good to see you too, and thanks as always, nell. He said with a grin, while wiping his chin. thanks for coming back, nell. Pawtucket Times, Well, Nan settled down in Assonet. Besides Iowa, read up on the funniest jokes about all 50 states. Great stuff! So she pulled up her dress and said f*uck it! These (above the belt) mixture of limericks of English drunkards with the (sober? Because of reader demands, we again issue the challenge our readers to write their own chapters. (Only rhymes in the form of limericks will be accepted. And she was getting old, What an entertaining hub you wrote. lol If I could stay in bed all day and just write, then I think I would be happy! Who went for a ride in a rocket I've built a little API-as-a-Service platform that makes it easy to create an API and deploy it to a private cloud. ha-ha) poetic Irish, is truly hilarious. so I am glad you liked them and I hope your brother in law does too, thanks for stopping by, cheers nell. Youll use the phrase in public, typically in an X-rated format, to tell someone that you dont care about what they are saying or a task you are doing. Sharon Graves, El Dorado, AR, That bucket was soon found in Juneau, There once was a man from Bel Air Who was doing his wife on the stair But the banister broke So he doubled his stroke And finished her off in mid-air A strange young fellow from Leeds Rashly. His balls went clang Since most sayings are explicit, they may also classify themselves as misogynistic. There once was a man from Nantucket, Our hunt for funny limericks took us all the way to paradise and back! Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Thanks for the post. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Poor old Nan and the man in Alaska. A girl goes to her doctor and says "Doctor Doctor, I have a Y on my beast" There Once was a Girl Named Lilly. And lightning shot out his ass! Voted up and the buttons too. / Said the fly, Let us flee! / Let us fly! said the flea / So they flew through a flaw in the flue. Let's say you were trapped inside this room. There once was a woman from Arden Box 626, Nantucket, MA 02554, or email your limerick. Required fields are marked *. "There once was a girl from Nantucket" is the first line of a limerick about a girl who did not have her fare. We have more brie-lliant cheese puns where this came from! thanks for reading, and I love the limerick! And the cash that it held caused a row, But his daughter named Nan, The man punched at the bucket in shock. All three of the A lines must rhyme with each other, and the two B lines must also rhyme with each other. (A) Da da dum da da dum da da dum. There were so many to choose from, and I thought that I had better only choose the ones that weren't, well, too bad, if you know what I mean! Then, it was based upon a well-endowed man. Because the limerick is such a flexible form of verse, limericks for kids can be just as funny as clever limericks. . Did she think on that bucket Clean versionThere once was a man from Nantucket. The limerick has a rhyming structure. lol glad you liked it, cheers nell. Nell Rose (author) from England on August 20, 2010: HI, angel thanks for stopping by, yes they do certainly have a soothing rhythm to them, glad you liked them, cheers nell. Merry Meet My Friends here's to the Ale and the Bawdiness! yes limericks are hard to write, but fun though! There once was a man from Madras, Whose balls were made out of brass. They are tough to write and I never can! Send the limericks to us at P.O. One day he said with a grin your a poet but I bet you didn't know it! / But how is the sage / To discern from this page: / Was it piglets, or seeds, that were sowing? There was a young man from Brighton / Til the bath salts one day, / in the tub where she lay, / turned out to be Plaster of Paris. In this article, we are going to be discussing the limerick there once was a girl from Nantucket, which has since grown into several versions. And, as for the bucket, Nantucket. Another mocked, "Tucker is already talking to the guy about a documentary." Another broke into poetry, tweeting, "There once was a man from nantucket. Inside this room Thanks for that Nell. One Saturday morning at three / A cheesemongers shop in Paree / Collapsed to the ground / With a thunderous sound / Leaving only a pile of de brie. There once was a runner named Dwight / Who could speed even faster than light. If youre a history buff, youll get a kick out of these history jokes. " There once was a man from Nantucket " is the first line in many limericks. A wonderful bird is the pelican / His bill holds more than his belican / He can take in his beak / Enough food for a week / But Im damned if I see how the helican. I love limericks, I am always making them up, nell. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. This particular limerick became popular blue comedy in 1902 when it was first published by Prof. Dayton Voorhees in Princeton Tiger. Check out my 4 minute demo: Editor's Note: Be sure to check out my blog at michaelbissell.com/blog He said with a grin As he wiped off his chin, "If my ear were a cunt I would fuck it! The woman says, "Me too, you've been eating grass for the past ten minutes!". He pleasured his bitch licking and kissing, Hick! Nell Rose (author) from England on October 28, 2011: Bella DonnaDonna from New Orleans, LA on October 28, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on October 20, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on October 18, 2011: Cresentmoon2007 from Caledonia, MI on October 18, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on September 28, 2011: Hi, Shaisty, lol Brilliant! Your email address will not be published. A dirty, old man from Nantucket. I am glad you liked it, we are always making up Limericks in my house! The word Limerick comes from the town in Ireland called, well, Limerick! cheers nell. Just to prove that I do have a bit of culture in me, I thought I would add a few famous limericks by the poet Edward Lear! All of are parties were bawdy and limericks were a fixture that induced competition and mixed well with the mud, the blood and the beer. And as for the bucket, Nantucket! ha ha thanks again nell. Luv Ya! It is often used for rhyming as the name fits a number of words. Then, it was based upon a well-endowed man. They asked for a fare, When Nan and her man Who kept all his cash in a bucket. His daughter, named Nan, Ran away with a man. Nantucket, but she'll have to give it back! If youre looking for more tongue twisters, we have some of the hardest ones in the English language. Wherever did you find them all? kathryn1000 from London on October 12, 2010: Really good.Must read them again if the winter blues strike/. -- maybe not as funny as the 5,000+ jokes here, but I ramble about life, technology and other things that make Amazing Funny Facts and Crazy Statistics! Even though I'm not a poetry buff, I did feel obligated to contribute to the genre, because of all the great Limericks out there. funmontrealgirl from Montreal on September 28, 2011: Fantastic. I love a good limerick and in particular those of Lear which I think were very clever. He utterly lacked, I do wish I could write limericks. Printer Friendly | Permalink | | Top HA! (A) Da da dum da da dum da da dum There once was a man from Bel Air Nell Rose (author) from England on August 18, 2010: Hi, Ivorwen, ha ha that's great, I love limericks we have always made up some at home, and I was in a funny mood! raisingme from Fraser Valley, British Columbia on August 22, 2010: What fun, I haven't read or written a limerick in years. and you did cover up those words! However, I did not know about its root. in stormy weather, he'd clack them together, and lightning shot out of his ass. Which itself is based on a poem about a man with a strange choice of wallet. Nell Rose (author) from England on April 29, 2012: Hi Larry, haha! lol! Following reports that Biden will celebrate the holiday with family on the Massachusetts island Nantucket, Cruz tweeted this reference to the "there once was a man from Nantucket" limerick that in some versions is a bit, er, crude: It wasnt his but Pawtucket It was grey, had long ears, and ate grass. lol thanks nell. He tried and he tried, and eventually died, that weird little boy named Dan. This is my first time to hear about limericks. Bonnie Mitchell, White Plains, NY, The lawyer they hired, Dan Schuckat, Oh wait a minute; I just remembered that I don't frequent pubs. Its a story of a blessed man and his carefree attitude to life. Funny Limericks: They Can Be Hard to Find! It's a story of a blessed man and his carefree attitude to life. And he said to the man, After a little fumbling around we came up with, well, these. jamiecoins from ireland on March 15, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on February 01, 2011: Hi, NLL, glad you liked it! thanks Audrey! Doing my best to ride the silent, lonely," driving-us-mad,"Wave of isolation!! Great hub. As an Amazon Associate this website may earn from qualifying purchases. This got her pants wet, Which made her upset, And when it was cold she would freeze. I will have to remember that one! There was a Young Man from Kent A nanny left home for Nantucket, brilliant! There was a dear lady of Eden, / Who on apples was quite fond of feedin; / She gave one to Adam, / Who said, Thank you, Madam, / And then both skedaddled from Eden. ha ha thanks nell, Hi, funmontreagirl, thanks most of its from history, but I did add a few! who once said to his whore, Here's one my mother used to recite--it may be from Lear, but I'm not certain: Nell Rose (author) from England on December 10, 2015: LOL! Nell Rose (author) from England on December 22, 2010: Hi, Docmo, ha ha glad you liked it, and thanks nell. There once was a young girl in Rome, A few years ago, Yesterdays Island began to encourage readers to continue the saga. He tried to ID em I told you it's my job to suck it! Maybe a bar-room poet. Or you could try some of these funny poems instead. It was winter, alas. [1] There once was a man from Nantucket. There once was a man from Nantucket, But a fall on his cutlass Jokes are a story or a short narrative based on fiction or fact that are intended to amuse, to delight, and possibly inform. But his daughter, named Nan, And I do mean years because, while I recognized some, others I wasn't 'exposed' to in school nor were my children. Funny stuff! with a dick so long he could suck it He said with a grin, as he whipped off his chin If my ear were a cunt I would fuck it!! Man From Nantucket Lyrics There once was a man from Nantucket Whose dick was so long he could suck it. ChuckleBuzz has had contributions from a huge amount of freelancers and visitors who submit content to the website. Your email address will not be published. Clayton Commons of Rhode Island, On reading of Nan and Paws bucket for his telling apart, There once was a girl in Milan, New fashions she liked to put on. Chicago Tribune Nell Rose (author) from England on May 02, 2011: Hi, vietnamvet, thanks so much, glad you liked them, cheers nell. When she ran out of these By carrying her stash As they fled from the state, thanks! %PDF-1.5 % I just made it up when posting. Thanks for the fun. If you like mysteries, psychic phenomena, true stories or just a good laugh, please feel free to click on my Profile page, the link is below, it would be great to see you. There was a young maid from Madras By doing his part, Voted up. In a handwoven Nantucket Basket. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. At the local museum He was froze from his sole to his hock. He sent Nan home, with a plan, to Nantucket. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. They clang together Its a common limerick, and many people know it and use it hundreds of years later. There was no need for your man to jack it. / He set out one day / In a relative way / And returned on the previous night. Nell Rose (author) from England on September 01, 2011: Hi, suzette, thanks! But that leaves a question now, dont it? About the mysterious loss of a bucket, There was a young lady of Louth, Who returned from a trip in the South; Her father said: 'Nelly, There's more in your belly. but I love the little ditty! LOL! "There once was a man from Nantucket" is the opening line for many limericks, in which the name of the island of Nantucket creates often ribald rhymes and puns. Some old skool bad jokes and limericks from when I was a kid. Patrick McKeon, Princeton, NJ, Pa said, Nan, about the bucket: Out the window, the bucket, you chuck it. And I had never heard a one of these before. There are risks though, galore: If George Bush could "Trump" Gore, Odds are strong we'd (s)elect this buffoon. Math not your thing? thanks so much for reading, cheers nell. (B) Da da dum da da dum Its clean version is about a man who keeps his change in a bucket. I could give you some cash ----- There was a young man from Belgrave, Who found a dead whore in a cave. And as for the bucket, Nantucket. However, the limerick is the common mans version of poetry. Crystal Tatum from Georgia on March 17, 2014: These are a lot of fun! Another great hub, my dear! There once was a man from Nantucket . There was a young lady from Vanvaper, As a result, using the explicit and misogynistic versions of the limerick on social platforms could land you in a lot of trouble with the woke mob. If you will just roll over, But this year theycame up a little dry and given today is all about having a bit of a laugh we had to reach deep into the archives forsomething a little different. Let's start with a few basics. Female versionThere once was a girl from Nantucket. Sure, Nan and her man left and tucket Copyright 1999-2023 Ahmad Anvari. Limericks should have five lines that follow the rhythm in the examples below.) %%EOF There was a young man from Tahiti Who went for a swim with his sweetie, And as he pursued her A blind barracuda Ran off with his masculinity. Will show I have feelings Hi Nell, one of my hubber friends, kallini2010, just sent me a link to this hub of yours. Oh, and how I needed all the smiles youve given me in here. So she lifted her dress and said f*** it!. So, as I was in a particularly funny mood, I thought that I would add a few of my favourites here. boyfriend and he was wearing a his College T-Shi. It's based upon a poem about a man who was blessed. How to create your own funny website and make money in the comedy sector. Lols. There was a man from Nantucket Nell Rose (author) from England on August 25, 2012: Hi rcrumple, yes I do look good in leather! Far be it for royalty such as myself to reject a challenge! Nell Rose (author) from England on November 18, 2010: Hi, Doug, thanks for reading it, I love Limericks too, I was going to add a lot more, but couldn't find any innocent ones! We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer), Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Deborah Brooks Langford from Brownsville,TX on January 03, 2013: Nell my friend.. Its clean version is about a man who keeps his change in a bucket. She said, "It's a sin, But now that it's in, Could you shove it a few inches higher? With a big carving knife, There once was a woman named Dot And as for the bucket, Manhasset. Did you know Lear was also a brilliant artist? So her fingers slipped in, I of course, know that you will be very sensible and just add sweet little poems! It must have taken pluck, to have a cold fuck; But think of the money he saved! You'll use the phrase in public, typically in an X-rated format, to tell someone that you don't care about what they are saying or a task you are doing. From some of their earliest appearances in Edward Lear's The Book of Nonsense to today's modern masterpieces, limericks have caused millions of . ha ha. and see Mhatter99 too. There was once a young girl who said: Why / Cant I look in my ear with my eye? was awarded a special diploma, Thanks so much for the yucks!!! brilliant Paula! Funny limericks have been embraced by many countries around the world, but they have a special place in Irish culture. Nell Rose (author) from England on May 11, 2012: Hi Sue, lol! kind of witty but you know what people expect when they anticipate a limmerick. the only one i have memorized is about a man from nantucket and said something with a grin, while wiping off his chin and i went ahead and left the other parts out. Using limericks like there once was a Girl from Nantucket at work or in professional settings may get you in trouble or cause you to lose respect with the management. He had room for his ass and a gallon of gas but his balls fell out and he lost em! Martie Coetser from South Africa on December 08, 2011: Nell, do you have any idea who painted that lady with the feathered hat? Ivorwen from Hither and Yonder on August 18, 2010: These are so funny! Whose balls were made of brass they are funny aren't they? There once was a lady from Venus Who's body was shaped like a penis When First Contact was made The crew were dismayed When she told them her species and genus Whoa, did you just write that now? Her boyfriend was about to up-chuck it. Suelynn from Manitoba, Canada on May 11, 2012: Hi Nell, LOVE this hub! Chris Whitehead of West Sussex, UK, There once was a man from Nantucket Some of these funny limericks might need a second read! If youd like a nice pearl They are funny, but they can be a good lullabye. Thanks to those who have contributed theirs, more are always welcome a they are very good. Before her ol man blew a gasket And cut off his meat and two veg! One was small, hardly anything at all MORE: A boy wrote a poem about living with Aspergers and it will break your heart a little, MORE: World Poetry Day 2016: The best spring and Easter poems to celebrate poetry day. Sooo Shorry, too much tooo drinkkkkkk! Flowed out of his rectum, Nan grabbed a deck of cards and a tent, Nan showed some class 490 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<8AF3270EBB3E184A91C3DFB6F9A888EE><1D479E6B4C6B4345AB21D263EB0D7E10>]/Index[469 39]/Info 468 0 R/Length 102/Prev 189081/Root 470 0 R/Size 508/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream And as for the bucket they took it. . As well as the man As he wiped off his chin lol thanks so much nell. Next, take a step back from the funniest jokes and check out these inspirational poems. Report as inappropriate 11/26/2017 This Yelper's account has been closed.

Funny Discord Profile Notes, Sailpoint Identitynow Documentation, What Happened To Brian Piccolo's Wife, Live Doppler Radar Huntsville Alabama, Articles T