Hi Amanda, could you tell me what items are included in amenities bag on Spirit of Queensland please. })(this); We spent many years living and traveling around Australia exploring the country in-depth! More onboard experiencesOnboard MerchandiseMore about your train. I have just returned from my first trip on the spirit of Queensland Brisbane to Cairns. input.placeholder = ''; Pack shower shoes (e.g., thongs/flip flops), and comfortable sleepwear. } disableForm: function() { Delicious meals were served making this a stress free way to travel. The ones in the amenities kit are cheap and flimsy. There are also plenty of fun activities around the park such as walking trails and the chance to spot some of Australias national animals, like koalas and kangaroos. elements[i].disabled = true; },

} Toilet seats have become loose and generally a good refurbishment program would work wonders. The ride was quiet and smooth, and conversation was possible at a normal volume. Its also a good idea to pack your own entertainment. I highly recommend it. } inputs[j].onchange = function(){ _this.validate() }; No wonder people just fly, Is there power points for sleep apnea machines. return action + '?callback=' + this.callbackName + '&' + serialize(this.form); Planning to get the train from Brisbane? Copyright 2022 Adventures All Around |, London to Paris in Eurostar e320 business class style, Travel to Machu Picchu in style on Belmonds Hiram Bingham train, Read: 20 incredible Queensland holiday homes and Airbnbs, Read: Farm stay fun in Guyra, New Englands highest town. }, On 10 September 2021, I finally boarded this train once more and experienced Railbed Sleeper from Cairns to Brisbane. Your email address will not be published. For dinner, we once again had a choice of a 3-course meal. Our Railbeds are an Australian first designed to provide our customers with a smooth and relaxing ride.

for (var i = 0; i < dropdowns.length; ++i) { Cost: A$0 (2 Passengers) Not Available. One of the advantages of train travel is that travelling between city centres is usually more convenient and less costly than getting to and from airports. Thank you for taking time to write a review of your trip on the Spirit of Queensland, we look forward to welcoming you onboard one of our services again soon.Kind Regards,Customer Service - TravelQueensland Rail Travel. A fast moving slumber party. If you are thinking of going from Brisbane to Cairns, fly there! The RailBed is a spacious and comfortable seat by day that includes a state-of-the-art personal entertainment system and 240v powerpoint. Cairns Spirit of Queensland Tilt Train Railbed - Australia's most modern overnight train Cairns to Brisbane RoryDing Travels 33.9K subscribers Join Subscribe 9.1K Share Save 673K views 1 year. this.form.className = this.setFormClassName(); The one in front pulls while the one at the rear pushes. Though with things changing all the time its always best to have a mask on you these days so you can do the right thing. We are Oksana & Max, a Canadian couple with a passion for sustainable travel. I have a little service dog and want to know if he can travel with me, I Googled Queensland Rail service dog and the following site was at the top of the search results: https://www.queenslandrailtravel.com.au/Pages/Assistance-Animals.aspx. Thanks for sharing Nicki. } Not unlike first class in a plane but more spacious. Other points programs fund other travels. Club Car - The licensed Club Car allowing guests to purchase light refreshments, confectionery and beverages throughout the journey. The Club Car is licensed to sell alcohol from 10am - 12 midnight. Here are just a few of them: Noosa is one of the most popular holiday destinations in all of Queensland and is home to the most visited National Park in the country. Get your FREE subscription today. We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the country we traverse. Next. Hi splumpf,Thank you so much for your wonderful review on our Spirit of Queensland train service. A few downloaded Netflix movies and Spotify playlists, or favourite podcasts or books might come in handy. Queensland Rail Travel is committed to supporting Queenslanders by preventing the spread of COVID-19. } submitForm: function() { Need help in planning your perfect holiday? Can you take the train from Brisbane to Cairns but get on and off overnight in various places en route? Yes. Let us assist with your travel documents. We left from Cairns, around 8.30am, heading for Brisbane. Did it represent good value? Its quite exciting and Im grinning like a kid on a theme park ride as I pop my head under the curtains to see the shadows of trees whizzing past and the moon and the stars shining above. this.submitForm(); The Club Car provides food and refreshments for purchase as well a social environment to sit with other travelers.Kind Regards,Customer Service - Travel. I'm Anne, a dedicated carry-on traveller. Spirit of Queensland . return name += ' mimi_invalid';

dropdownValidation: function(field, input) { Kuranda Scenic Railway winds through a tropical rainforest, past rugged mountains, waterfalls tumbling and deep ravines of the Barron Gorge. var input = this; } do the single railbed seats at the front and back of the carriage have a window? window.attachEvent('onload', function() { Details valid from 1st December 2021 and are subject to change. 'submit' : 'disabled'; document.body.removeChild(script); There are stops for passengers to board and disembark. } else { In-seat wine and dine service and entertainment aboard the Spirit of Queensland. We opted for a Caprese salad, roasted pork loin and tiramisu cake. A Spirit of Adventure Menu is in your seat pocket when you get on board, and you are given options, including vegetarian for the three meals served during the trip. Last year I travelled on the Spirit of Queensland (Diesel Tilt Train) Premium Economy Class from Townsville to Cairns, I thoroughly enjoyed my trip therefore I wanted to travel from Cairns all the way to Brisbane one day. new Mimi.Signups.EmbedValidation(); By day the seat was hard and the footrest reached no further than behind my knees, which was not at all comfortable. I must admit they were pushing it, their case was 200 grams over. }); A direct flight back to Brisbane offers a quick return. Unbelievable prices. var _this = this;

For the three-course evening meal, the appetizer was a Caprese salad of Mozzarella pearls, tomatoes, and sweet basil seasoned with salt and olive oil. We got to sample both the spinach and feta quiche served with a fresh garden salad and the lemon chicken with rice pilaf and seasonal vegetables. Railbed Car - Spirit of Queensland. } else { A selection of Queensland wines and beverages is also available. Hi LoisOK,We are sorry to hear that you were less than impressed with your recent trip on board the Spirit of Queensland.The Railbeds are an Australian-first innovation and are a modern alternative to traditional rail travel. } else { The magazine for world travellers. One of the most popular train routes in Australia is the Brisbane to Cairns train aboard the Spirit of Queensland and it was this particular route that we experienced on our recent trip to Queensland. this.form.attachEvent('onsubmit', function(e){ All thoughts and opinions remain her own. You can easily plan your trip with the full, Australia Travel Tips: 10 Things You Need to Know Before Traveling to Australia, What Does a Trip to Australia Cost? Sign up for my weekly newsletter: travel tips, inspiration and a chuckle or two. Take your pick from the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree National Park, or one of the many wildlife and nature experiences just outside of the city. It was a very bad crossing on a ship without stabilisers, with screaming banshees all night. This map takes a look at some of the hotels and Stayz home rental options nice and close to the station. But its pretty much just like being in business class on a plane where people may still be walking past and the little bit of light from the galley gets seen through the curtain. Fraser Island is known for being a unique nature destination with miles of beach, 100 freshwater lakes and over 30 walking tracks. It looks like your browser does not have JavaScript enabled. Most rows have three seats, with two on one side and another on the other side of the aisle, so if youre travelling solo as I was you may want to request the single bed aisle when you book rather than the double if youd prefer not to sleep next to a stranger. For information on the site, please see the, Ride the historic railway to the hinterland, Sydney at its best: A self-guided tour of The Rocks, the magnificent Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and points in between, Cycling around Uluru: the best way to experience Australias most recognizable natural landmark, https://www.queenslandrailtravel.com.au/Pages/Assistance-Animals.aspx, Whats the best use of Scotia Rewards? The Spirit of Queensland has a maximum speed of 160km/h and the entire trip takes 24 hours.. But Ive never travelled on a train like this anywhere else in the world. var fields = this.form.querySelectorAll('.mimi_field'); Spirit Of Queensland. The journey to Kuranda passes by some of the most breathtaking scenery, plus 15 handmade tunnels and 37 towering bridges and offers a truly unique rail adventure. if (format === 'json') action += '.json'; } if (response.success) { We look forward to seeing you again onboard someday.Kind Regards,Customer Service - TravelQueensland Rail Travel. Second was evening Day One, and given we were going through the heartland of Qld's beef country, I had the beef cheeks. A staff member told me the beds cost $100,000 each. Your feedback on the noise within the sleeping carriage has been relayed back to our Onboard Customer Service Team for monitoring. }, For us, trains offer the best alternative to flying. } By day the RailBeds are large seats that can recline 35 degrees and have a footrest that can be used as a seat if youre travelling with someone who wants to come and have a chat. } For anyone who loves train travel, Queensland Rails, The Spirit of Queensland service operates from Brisbane to Cairns, a distance of 1,681 kilometres (1,045 miles). },

}, Before leaving home Id already decided I was going the PJs route and had packed my Singapore Airlines sleep suit. They have been designed to provide a smooth and relaxing ride. thanks. It was a welcome break from the frenetic pace of busy airports, enhanced security-screening measures, and cramped aircraft space. Miles and points are my thing. The lack of privacy was unpleasant and with the exception of one shower room, the bathroom facilities were very cramped with wet floors. dropdown.onchange = (function(){ _this.validate(); }); By day the seat was hard and the footrest reached no further than behind my knees, which was not at all comfortable. Enjoy 35 degrees of recline and a wide flat 18.5 inch screen with on-demand . Whether you're travelling to see the natural wonders of the north or to catch the twinkling lights of the city in Brisbane, the Spirit of Queensland is an easy and sustainable way to travel between Brisbane and Cairns. Do you need a Visa to enter? Not to mention its also home to over 350 species of birds, possums, wallabies, sea turtles, dolphins, and the famous dingo! The shower may move a little bit more than youre used to, but its surprisingly good, and theres more space than you find on some other trains so your clothes dont have to get wet when you do. Shoes with a decent tread will keep you upright when moving throughout the train. One hand on the grab bars at all times added to the challenge. for (var i = 0; i < instances.length; ++i) { Thats great that youve let them know so they can take care of you. Great train journey from Brisbane to Cairns. destination[prop] = source[prop]; RailBed: A spacious and comfortable seat by day that converts to a lie-flat bed at night. fields[i].style['display'] = 'none'; This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. }, }, The Spirit of Queensland is proud to offer an Australian first, the revolutionary RailBed. Staff made them up, and returned the beds to seats, on demand. Ive read a couple of articles recently about the resurgence in interest in overnight rail travel, especially in Europe with the expansion of the Austrian Railjet routes. Hop off the Spirit of Queensland train and hop on a ferry from Hervey Bay to Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world. if((input.type === 'checkbox' || input.type === 'radio') && input.checked) { Where: Brisbane to Cairns, Queensland, Australia. They drive the train and supply power to the carriages. this.updateSubmitButtonText(this.submit.getAttribute('data-thanks')); Contemporary, comfortable and designed for relaxation, the newest addition to the Queensland Rail Travel fleet has two dedicated RailBed Cars, a shared Club Car and three Premium Economy Seat Cars. }); Looking for an airfare only? The bed and bedding were very comfortable. if (selected) { I got a really good 8 hours sleep on the train - the rail bed was very comfortable and I felt like I had enough privacy as my head was shielded from the view of passers by. if (_this.validEmail.test(input.value)) _this.validate(); var dropdown = dropdowns[i]; if (document.addEventListener) { _this.onFormSubmit(e); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Over the years Ive been lucky to have travelled on some pretty incredible trains around the world. The bed at night was SERIOUSLY uncomfortable. if (field.className.indexOf('invalid') === -1) field.className += ' invalid'; before arriving at your final destination of Cairns. Even the 2nd Class Sleepers in Thai railways have curtains. Water Fountains - Drinking fountains are located at the end of all passenger carriages. While you cant feel the speed of a plane once youre up in the air, you can feel the speed of a train. this.submit.value = this.submitButtonText();

if (!Mimi) var Mimi = {}; RailBed customers aboard Spirit of Queensland receive inclusive meals served directly to their seat.

textValidation: function(input) { What a cool way to slow travel and see more of a country. Tea and coffee were also provided. } Required fields are marked *. return name; By night they are converted into the sort of flat bed that Id be very happy to find on a plane, measuring 1.9m x 0.51m. Features Kind Regards,Customer Service - TravelQueensland Rail Travel, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. input.className = 'required'; Surely for that amount of money something more comfortable must have been possible. if (input.getAttribute('name') === 'signup[email]') { . Hot breakfast consisted of a three cheese omelette served with pork chipolata, bacon and tomato wedge (there was also a vegetarian option available). return 'text_field'; Thanks for sharing. Each passenger received an amenities kit of Queensland organic products. The train makes the 1681km journey five times per week. if (instance.wrapperEl === dropdownEl) { The Spirit of Queensland service operates from Brisbane to Cairns, a distance of 1,681 kilometres (1,045 miles). As my train / airline experience blurs a little I sometimes forget where I am, and think oh, a little turbulence as the train moves. And Im with you and definitely want to do it again someday. Rail bed being used prior to us using rail bed seat, used pillow evidence left of prior occupation. TERRIBLE Service bad attitude from Supervisor so no point complaining. this.initialize();

We found out that while the menu was different in the Gallery Car, where Economy customers ate on their journey, everything served on the Spirit of Queensland Train was fresh with a, We never got bored looking at the stunning scenery outside of our windows, but when it got dark, and we had to amuse ourselves before getting some shut-eye, the, Noosa is one of the most popular holiday destinations in all of Queensland and is home to the most visited National Park in the country. this.callbackName = 'jsonp_callback_' + Math.round(100000 * Math.random()); Disclaimer: Our trip on the Spirit of Queensland train was provided courtesy of Queensland Rail Travel, but as always all opinions expressed in this article are our own. Queensland Rail Limited ABN 71 132 181 090. The lack of privacy was unpleasant and with the exception of one shower room, the bathroom facilities were very cramped with wet floors. With the beds all made up, the lights dimmed and the curtains closed, the RailBeds feel like a fun slumber party. more. } If I had known about the collection procedure at Townsville station, I would have done this. Here in Australia Ive gone north to south on the Ghan and east to west on the Indian Pacific, travelled out to Longreach on Queenslands Spirit of the Outback outback and was able to experience The Sunlander train before she became an Australian travel memory. In other words, you traded a three-dollar business class flight to spend 24-hours on a train? this.isValid = false; revalidateOnChange: function() { e.preventDefault();

} Website: www.queenslandrailtravel.com.au. Not only is Cairns a hub of vibrant city life full of great cafs, markets, art galleries, and nearby beaches, but its also a jumping off point to many other popular tourist destinations.

Teenage Volunteer Opportunities In Jacksonville, Fl, Town Of Westport Ny Tax Collector, Graduation Date For Class Of 2022, St Joseph's College Hunters Hill Death, Articles S