Scare tactic. Then go to the border with that in your hand . Whether this will mean Americans actually have a tougher time getting in is unknown, but I doubt it because MX is dependent on the tourist dollar, and will be even more so when economies start really crashing from the excessive pandemic response. We are Canadians and arrived at the beginning of October, driving through the Nogales border. We a trying to extend our visa here in the states but would like to continue our travels through Mexico come january or February 2021. We have a deed to the house that his mother owns in Casas Grandes and bills documenting that weve been staying in Mexico for the last 180 days. Did you get an answer? My wife is a Mexican citizen and permanent US resident, and our kids have dual citizenship. Hello, my husband and I are planning to travel to IL in January through land to visit family. Hello! Unless you bribe the official which many times an official will come to you anyways and tell you for a certain fee they can fix you a permit if you dont have the necessary paperwork. Thank you again. I am a US citizen and have traveled to Puerto Peasco several times. Thanks so much. I am a Mexican citizen and need to sign some bank papers in San Diego. I know they are wrong, but Mexico should have REALLY done something concrete if they didnt want non essential travelers in their country. They are not providing written notice either. (But we also figured that the one time we didnt have it would be the time we would be required to snow it!). The bridge spans the border from above the airport and takes less than 10 minutes to cross. Thanks. Why do we need to show our documents e.g. Hi Jennifer, Do you know people who have done so? I represent a group of investors from Mexico. Enjoy your magnetized body dumb ass. Ive crossed both on foot and in car. I just saw on Facebook that Mexico is restricting and tourist crossing into Mexico through land as of March 19. Their fear is an admission that the vaccine is unsafe and ineffective, and yet they want their betters to be forced to take it. Also, any issues getting back into the US? In addition to the people of Haiti there are 100s of 1000s of illegals from around the globe .To further add insult to injury , truck drivers are allowed daily, are they immune to Covid just because the big factories want to continue to rake in the big bucks while paying $50.00 a week to workers to make their riches? Get vaccinated neither Jesus or Hey Zeus dont want you either. She will need proof of immigration if you get stopped going in. I am planning on walking across to Tijuana from San Diego on August 13th to August 16th. Will I get turned away at customs when crossing into Mexico? But there have been do many illegal immigrants in the US and that is what isnt right. I heard about the couple from canmore intending to drive to baja. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Any recent personal experiences to share? Mexico works too of course but so does any other Latin American country except for Brazil. my answer if it had been on time would have been hmmmmm Risky. If you are driving by road up to Nogales, the place you need to do this as at kilometer 21. From what Im reading, I wont have a problem entering Mexico form Texas, but I possibly wont be let into US from MX? You might find this article helpful: If you want to travel by plane this would be a requirement as some states outside of the united states require this to be able to move about. Despite Fox News propaganda, the ones that are allowed to stay here while their claims are processed are tested for covid and other diseases. Your plan seems feasible & fully embraced here in Mexico; everything also indicates that flights btwn Mexico and the USA are a go even for UK citizens aa long as you can show you have been in Quarentine 2 wks since leaving UK. Nik, I would like to know who exactly makes the decision to keep honest Mexican nationals with legal tourist visas from crossing the border, yet we allow 12400 illegal Haiti immigrants come and be transported all over the USA without even a Covid test , not to mention TB, Measels, AIDs and who knows what other diseases and parasites. ?Sheep? I have went to Tijuana to visit him probably 5 or 6 times since they stopped non essential travel. Suggestions? WebBorder crossing at Mexicali-Calexico (Mexico), 1950 Date Created and/or Issued May 2, 1950 Publication Information Los Angeles Times Contributing Institution UCLA, Library Special Collections, Charles E. Young Research Library Collection Los Angeles Times Photographic Archives Rights Information US This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. It is easy to get a business account. Why not do whats required just like the rest (or most) of the traveling public? Sometimes its been a barely checking my ID and letting me through no questions, all the way to once they they were not letting anyone through that couldnt prove essential crossing. Are there any restrictions for U.S. citizens as of today 6/30/2021, to cross the border from Mexico to the Texas, USA border?. I am suppose to be going to visit my boyfriend and pick up medicine for my mom. Mexicali Any idea if I can cross the US/Mexico border with a working visa without problems? Thank you in advance!!! Because the United States does not restrict its citizens from leaving the country. If she or he has covid the fire will kill it as well. I hear they are safer. I received the CBX newsletter recently and it mentioned specific that air travel is not restricted in any way. Im on a work Visa. Can I go to immigration, and request permission to cross? Just be prepared. They wont allow your birth certificate like before. I lived with my uncles in California we were planning on going to Mexico to visit my mom and family on December 11 by the Nogales exit are we able to cross if we are 4 persons in one car. I have a fiance in Mexico. I had no problem crossing in both directions and did not need a Covid test upon return to US soil. Maybe by air, but check carefully. Usual time is 2 hours. Border Question 2) Since CBX is a land crossing, do I need a negative COVID test? Is it possible to, as a tourist, make a Mexican DL so we can drive for the 3 months we plan to be in Mexico? Can you cross the border in San Diego? Did someone cross the border the other day and how is the situation at the border? Get educated. Im pretty sure you can travel by air to Mexico without a problem, as long as you dont have any kind of symptoms youll be fine. They said no restrictions going into Mexico. Are you seriously considering getting a death vaccine? I booked a vacation in monterrey mexico for May 3rd 2021m thanks in advance. Hi all, we are a swiss/english family currently traveling in the US with an RV. The east crossing was built in 1996 in an effort to divert traffic Then drive Home to Canada. You shouldnt have any issues going into and leaving Mexico. and kind of car makes difference because ? Then fly to another place one inside Mexico? You should have no trouble flying into the US as long as all your papers are in order and you have a negative Covid test within 48 hours of your flight. I travel in my car into the U.S. often from Tijuana and no vaccination evidence is ever requested. Would he qualify to be allowed onto the island. I am planning to fly down to help my dad with some things in Mazatln using CBx boarder crossing into Tijuana and flying volaris to Mazatlan on Sunday July 19th. Border Crossing Calexico East, Mexicali II - Bestmex Blog They are stopping people right outside Nogales . Hello, a mother is a mexican citizen, she has a VISA but she wants to cross with her 15 year old daughter who is a US citizen, according to Trumps letter (I have no idea if its still eligibale since Biden is the new president) a foreign person travelling with an underage child can cross the border, no questiosn asked, has anybody tried this? Will they give me new i-94 to cross the border? Is this an essential activity so i can travel to the USA and back to Mexico? People in many countries can do mostly what ever they want, considering that you have the legal means to do so. Canadians cannot drive to the US, however vaccinated Americans can drive to Canada. Is is the far left lane as you approach the border. Best wishes! As a US citizen all you need is your passport to be able to cross without any issues or problems. Hello, Im a US citizen in Mexico City on a 180 day tourist visa. This is a disgrace. Hoping to do the same in a months time if nothing changes. You can get a tourist pass for 180 days at the border. That said, I must correct some misinformation in your post. Covid 19 is not an excuse, the reality all countries all groups were severely hit a true non discriminating air born virus. Apparently there is a pandemic in Mexico, due to the COVID stuff So although you will probably wont be stopped crossing in either direction, Mexican citizens are begging Americans to stay at home until its over. Mexico is not requiring vaccination, only USA. Thanks Brandonugh I mean Jose Biden. Just stick to the facts of whether or not US Citizens can cross the border. Are you surprised at the double standards both sides of the border? Illinois has some the strictest restrictions for Covid-19 of all the states. I came into mexico in October in my car and my TIP expires on April 20. do i need anything but my passport? Im desperate. I married a Mexican women in February of 2020 and wish to drive back to Ohio with her to being back items I have in storage. Border crossing Los Algodones--slow in May? If you are not an American or Canadian citizen, you will require a valid passport and a visa or visa waiver (ESTA) or green card (legal residency card) to enter the USA from Mexico. But my husband and I will also be traveling down in November, depending if your dates match up, we would love some travel buddies! I was born in Mazatlan Mexico in 1985 but do not have a Mexican issued passport. Will she have any trouble crossing back with her expired I.D and her birth cert? We dont have temporary or permanent residency. Both American, will we have any issues at the border? Calexio, California Mexicali, Baja California Border Crossing Hi Paul, I am in same situation. Yes you can if you are an American citizen and no need to be tested. Roger; I crossed out of Laredo and into Nuevo Laredo on July 19 and had no issues at all. Mexico also has a strong manufacturing base in the metals and machinery industries, with both of these industries growing by a healthy 5.2 percent. No, they are legally married. I need to travel to do due diligence process. Thank you. They both have a Mexican passport and US tourist visas. We have family members who have lots of $$ and visas for over 30 years and still were rejected at the border. I think its strange that flights are perfectly okay but walking across isnt, Cross using the CBX crossing, it cost about $20 though it is a crossing directly into the Tijuana airport. However, Id research first if your process can be performed here in Mexico. My best friend retired & moved to Mazatln 20 years ago, but her husband just died and she needs my helpso Im in the process of selling my car & packing my things to move to Mazatln next month with a 6-month Mexican VISA which is the first step in my efforts to gain a Temporary Residency VISA when I get to Mexico. Still no real answer from them to my question. We are going Sunday. I think were planning to go for it. * This article shares all details: I am in same situation with European husband. Im Mexican, living in Mexico with a Tourist visa. Well said, thank you for some common sense. Ur trip wud not qualify I was told when going back into the US more questions are ask than coming in. Did this work out for you okay? 1. I intend to return home to see the doctor, so it is for medical treatment but not in the U.S. How are documents checked at the border when crossing back to US? And what proof do we need to take? Can we sail to sea of Cortez in November? Everything is closed in San Felipe; no bars, no sit-in dining, no quad rentals; everything except the beaches out of town. The land-border restrictions do not affect air travel presently. It can only be accessed by people with boarding passes and a bridge ticket. If they are open and he has a visa and proof of work and money in Mexico he will be allowed in. We are looking online at Banjercito and it looks like we can buy a permit there. Thank you! Mexico has not imposed any legal restrictions on passengers or vehicles entering Mexico by land from the United States.

Steve Wynn Brother, How Did William Boyd Lose His Leg, Articles M