Nissa, Vastwood Seer - Putting her down and fetching a forest is nice. Attention! Complete Comment Tutorial! It's too easy to disrupt his ramp which shuts his plan down entirely, and even the fastest lists which can power him out pretty reliably by turn 5 or 6 do so by sacrificing all their early game interaction to dump all their dorks and rocks onto the board. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Treasonous Ogre - Life for mana? 7) Dualcaster Mage + Sublime Epiphany: Infinite card draw for any player. Xenagos, the Reveler - Xenagos comes with a bit of built in protection, plus he helps ramp, which is great when your commander is an eight drop. The Maelstrom Wanderer is my personal favorite commander and he fits my preferred playstyle as well, so I wanted to do him justice. Dream Halls - Used to abuse Maelstrom Wanderer by ditching a card to cast him, and to combo off if I run out of lands. All original content on this page is 2012-2023 MTGGoldfish, Inc. and may not be used or reproduced without consent. With the ramping you did in the first few turns, its entirely possible to have a turn 5, 6 or 7 Oops! Taking an extra turn can really mess up your opponents because it, well, puts you another turn ahead of them. I played with this deck for a long time until I finally was at my LGS in Houston, when I came across a competitive player and immediately wanted to finely tune my deck to become more competitive, and that is when I came to you. You now have 17 mana in pool.Cast Wanderer for URGGGGGGGG. Use the options below to exercise this right, and please review our privacy policy for complete information on how your data is used and stored. They also, of course, work with Food Chain. Maelstrom Wanderer - Ramp (EDH) (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) - TappedOut Discord Server | The only way were going to win is by digging for combo pieces and creative use of tutors. Ive been a Magic player since 1997; my very first starter deck was Mirage, and the very first rare I ever opened was Phyrexian Dreadnought. This will also lead to a fair number of oops, I win scenarios, but can also be led into with any of the numerous three drops. Ramping to Wanderer was all there was, and if I didnt hit Wanderer early, I probably wasnt winning that game. 09-Oct -2022. Maelstrom Wanderer Commander Deck Guide - Draftsim The Creatures: Finally the part that is most crucial to the deck. Yeah, this, if left unanswered, ends games. Maelstrom Wanderer Commander 70 top decks MTG DECKS [Maelstrom Wanderer]] deck that has a much higher win rate (in the 90%+ range).but because the deck only looks scary when it comes online, it garners less attention than Jhoira which always looks scary. March of the Machine Card Previews; Prices; Daily Video Reviews; Phyrexia: All Will Be One Card Previews; Prices; Daily Video Reviews; Cards . Maelstrom Wanderer (Decklist) - EDHREC Commander / EDH This site is unaffiliated. What scenario are you playing jokulhaups in? Mystic Confluence - Worst case, I cascade into this, bounce some creatures or draw more cards. Regrowth/Noxious Revival/Natures Spiral/Eternal Witness/Skullwinder: Beyond the usual uses of being able to re-use ramp or removal, these cards also allow you to use things like Intuition to great effect, tutoring for one of your combo pieces and immediately pulling it back to your hand; they also allow you to cycle through multiples pieces of your deck as youre infinitely cascading, for instance using Hull Breach to annihilate an opponents entire board (necessary against a stax player) before being able to win. Am Hof 12-18, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany +49 221 2613215 Website Menu. There is very little, if any fast combo, and I still dont believe that Wanderer can defeat something like a highly tuned Gitrog deck, or Ad Naus Sidisi, without actively mulliganing to countermagic. Edit #1: Updated the list to what I have as of 23-06-2016. 2.1) with infinite mana you get infinite damage with infinite recasts of maelstrom with deadeye (pair/exile) or food chain or temur sabertooth (bouncing) or evolutionary leap (sac) or kiki jiki (legendary rule), flameshadow conjuring and infinite hasty palinchron tokens, 2.2) tooth and nail combo: deadeye and palinchron for infinite mana and infinite recasts of maelstrom, 3) Eternal Witness or archaeomancer + Time Warp or Temporal Manipulation + Dead Eye Navigator: infinite Turns, 4) food chain and squee: infinite colored mana. Not only does it have a respectable body that will stop a fair amount of creatures from coming your way, its also 100% expendable past its ETB ability, which, if youre not hip on reading, will dig you six cards deep into your library if you need it to. However, the amount of free wins you can gain off this card is ridiculous and should not be discounted for just that reason. maelstrom wanderer edh competitive - ptitbuilding.com Nature's Claim - Used for disruption since there a lot of artifacts in my meta. Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder: Yidris is also a Maelstrom general, and hes even a combo general, but his focus is much more on storm than anything else. Future updates to my list may include ways to gift creatures to opponents with cards such as Forbidden Orchard, to maximize my ability to just go Oops, I win.Birthing Pod: An easy way to find any of the 4+ creatures you can combo off with, this will also directly just win you the game with Glen Elendra Archmage: Sacrifice the four-drop Archmage to find Zealous Conscripts; Archmage will persist back into play. Drop everything and anything you can to increase your mana count, because your decks singular purpose in life is to drop Wanderer and pray. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Keeper of the Book of Knowledge, Wielder of Maelstroms. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maelstrom-wanderer-combo-1/. Will eventually be replaced with Worldly Tutor, Skyshroud Claim - More ramp, plus it grabs Dual Type Lands. Gilded Drake: One of the more undervalued answers in blue, if you want my opinion. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Early Game: Yes, were still going to ramp. Attention! Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker - This card is the most broken card in the deck, in my opinion. He's the definition of a kitchen table boogieman. Nov 25, 2021 Contact | This annoying message will go away once you do. A well-timed Tormods Crypt, Leyline, or even a Bojuka Bog will stop the entire deck from not only functioning but removing all possible win conditions at the same time. Combo Wanderer has become one of my best decks, and because people are always expecting a certain sort of playstyle from certain generals, I can win games that often times I had no business winning, even among the competitive generals. Commander / EDH Started in Amsterdam, through Cologne, Blopenz, Rudenheim, Strasbourg and ended in Basel of Switzerland. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. One big issue I see with your deck is that you focus far too much on Maelstrom Wanderer himself. We dont often need more than any one other particular card - well have Glen Elendra in play already, or Food Chain in hand, or Defense of the Heart in play, etc. It was frustrating to be like every other Wanderer deck out there; it was frustrating to know that my opponents could destroy something like a Grim Monolith, and set me back from any meaningful game plan for several turns. Competitive Maelstrom Wanderer (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) - TappedOut Pod line: Sacrifice Archmage to Pod to find Conscripts, untapping Pod, and then Pod the persisted Archmage into Kiki-Jiki. I play exclusively EDH now, with the occasional delve into Legacy if the event feels right. Keen Sense - This is a relatively new addition to the deck, but I added it since A) it does go infinite with Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and B) I like drawing cards. In complete honesty, most big, flashy spells have been tested and cut. We've updated our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. mana (with maelstrom wanderer infinite hasty attackers), 6) Biovisionary +3 copies (with riku: get 2 biovisionaries and 2 other copies with a clone creature): Win at endstep, 5) Woodland Bellower > getting Fierce Empath > this gets Dead-Eye Navigator > then flickering Fierce Empath which gets Palinchron > flickering Palinchron for infinite mana > cast Riku > get infinite Palinchron Tockens > then re-flicker Fierce Empath to get Maelstrom Wanderer for infinite hasty attackers, 8) Dualcaster mage + Cackling Counterpart: infinite attackers same as above, cast cackling on one of your creatures and copy with dualcaster, make this on endstep of opponent for infinite tokens and attack in your turn, 4) kiki jiki combos with infinite hasty attackers (tutor both pieces with imperial Recruiter. I started playing Magic during my freshman year and I started EDH the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of college. Repeat steps 3-4, with epiphany targeting opponents to draw cards until they draw their decks and loses. Maelstrom Wanderer (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) This collection is out of date, you may click here to see the latest version Maelstrom Wanderer Commander / EDH* RUG (Temur) JarlBigJohnson Acidic Slime 1x 1x Apex Devastator 1x 1x Avenger of Zendikar 1x 1x Balefire Dragon 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x Manipulate Fate can tutor for Misthollow Griffin/Eternal Scourge, but nothing else. https://www.moxfield.com/decks/d4KPWun9o0yfflaCVNW7ng. TappedOut.js Blog Widget. Copied to clipboard. Animar also likes playing combo. Warstorm Surge on the other hand, will deal more damage overall, but is also more fragile and tends to draw a lot of hate (for obvious reasons). Updated Feb 28, 2023 by xequemate using our MTG Deck Builder. Share. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. See our privacy policy. Infinite tokens. Shaman of Forgotten Ways - Biorhythm on a stick. Plus, who doesn't love blowing up Sol Rings? This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. Maelstrom Wanderer. Black gives access to the best tutors and removal in the entire game, and Sidisi herself serves as the combo in the command zone that allows the rest of the deck to do its thing. Privacy statement | [[Defense of the heart]] leverages a soft lockdown and instant win if played on the right turn. Garruk Wildspeaker - Helps untap lands to cast more spells, provides blockers, and, if needed, can make Maelstrom Wanderer stronger with trample to hit even harder. I will be glad to hear your comments and ideas, as well as if someone tries to test it in their cEDH pods. Bring To Light will roundabout tutor for Misthollow (via Manipulate Fate), or one of your creature combos (via Fierce Empath/Imperial Recruiter), but again, no Food Chain. He seems much slower than other combo decks. Have an enjoyable 8-day Uniworld cruise down Rhine River through a few cities of Western Europe . When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Thanks! The Planeswalkers: This is the section of the deck that initially started with about 10 cards, and has slowly dwindled down to 3 due to efficiency. If any of those additional cascades are additional creatures, you can continue on, exiling them for additional mana. And though in my heart I consider myself a G/B player, I am not above recognizing a powerful general wherever it may be, so my EDH lists are pretty varied. Complete Comment Tutorial! > Infinite mana and cascades, Maelstrom Wanderer Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Maelstrom Wanderer Commander EDH Deck *CASCADE* - Magic MTG Ready-to-Play Custom at the best online prices at eBay! Suggestions. Duplicant is a bit expensive, but again, synergizes with Food Chain, gets rid of Eldrazi like a champ, and works well with the other creature-based strategies in the deck. This annoying message will go away once you do. Infinite nonland permanent bounce, Cast Sublime Epiphany on any target choosing to have an opponent draw a card and clone a creature. Go for it. Counterspells in Maelstrom Wanderer are often extremely effective, because who the hell runs counterspells in a Wanderer deck?? Sidisi is fast and resilient, but has one glaring weakness: its reliance on the graveyard. Let me know your experiences playing either with or against them. The counterspell package in here is also geared towards Maelstrom himself and while using him for value, it would be terrible to lose him it. I'm sorry if this is not your typical primer, I've never done one before, but I enjoy this deck so much and wanted it to have some sort of a primer. Maelstrom Wanderer cEDH (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) - TappedOut This becomes deadly to my opponents if I have any of the Splinter Twin/Food Chain/Palinchron combos out. It is mainly based on the Splinter Twin combo, but it has many different combos in it. Youre not focused on casting Wanderer as fast as possible, youre worried about screwing up Zurs mana base. If you hit late game, things have definitely gone awry, but that doesnt mean you cant come back from it. A quick history of the me and the deck. The faster we hit Food Chain, the more likely we are to win. Just need that one artifact gone? At MTGGoldfish, we value your privacy. Maelstrom Wanderer is a unique creature because its base power and toughness aren't the only big things on it. Out game the big, splashy spells. How do you feel about Maelstrom Wanderer? : r/EDH The goal is to cast your commander ASAP. EDHREC Home Commanders Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder As Card Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Commander) $7.99 $6.71 0.76 TIX 4425 decks (0.202%) Rank #108 Navigation By Theme By Budget All Cheap Expensive Links Aetherhub Archidekt Deckstats Moxfield MTGGoldfish MTGStocks Scryfall Average Type Distribution Goal of the deck is to cast general as fast as possible, and win at the spot with a few good cascades or trying to resolve food chain combo, or dockside + sabertooth combo for infinite mana and overcasting all spells in the library with your commander. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Date added: 3 weeks: Last updated: 1 week: Legality: This deck is Commander / EDH legal. Feeds | I will usually not drop Surge unless I have nothing else to do, because it telegraphs my game plan without an effective way to actually END the game. He would have to have 3-4 ramp cards to hit the board by turn 4, which is quite a stretch compared to something like Tazri FC or Zur Doomsday who don't need as much ramp and are far more consistent. Worldly Tutor and Eldritch Evolution are worth their weight in gold, but unfortunately, almost every card we can use to look for a combo piece, only looks for one other combo piece, or is restricted. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network, TCGplayer.com, CardKingdom.com, CardConduit.com, Cardhoarder.com, MTGOTraders.com. Palinchron - While being a major combo piece, he has built in evasion, and can help us cast more spells. He seems much slower than other combo decks. Notable card combinations: Misthollow Griffin + Food Chain > Infinite mana and cascades And, he's too cutthroat for casual. Feeds | Sort by: Overview, Color, Cost, Rarity. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. Once youve got infinite mana and youre cascading through your library, there are your actual win conditions: Warstorm Surge/Purphoros, God of the Forge + Wanderer/Scourge/Misthollow Griffin: Basically any card that deals damage or does things when your creatures come into play. If we draw this, then we have a great utility card that can counter, bounce, tap, and draw. You certainly CAN, if you have nothing else to do or want to get in some combat damage.but were not going to be cascading into anything dumb. Eldritch Evolution: Again, using your creatures to their utmost. + This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC He wont do anything more than ping your opponents for 2-6 damage, but incremental damage is incremental damage. There you go. I can't think of any other ways to fetch it besides Gamble, which is obviously a gamble. He seems powerful, because when he goes off, it's in a big flashy way. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. Other time magic has been cut and I havent looked back since. Casual Also, he's listed as Tier 2 on the EDH Tier List, but there's no list explaining his competitiveness. Imperial Recruiter: Finds all your utility critters as well as (as usual) half your Kiki/Conscripts combo. Kalamax upgrade for Christmas : EDH. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. Wood Elves: Permanent land-ramp is most important so were not impacted by early removal spells. Food chain/squee is self explanatory, but food chain also leverages a lot of value and by experience has about a 80% win rate in combination with animar. People who thought I was ramping to hit Wanderer as fast as possible were shocked when I hit their combos with Spell Pierces and Force of Wills, cards that are traditionally terrible in this deck. You may NOT enjoy playing Combo Wanderer if you: Actually enjoy the chaos brand of EDHLike winning with Commander damage or combat damage in generalWant to win the game on turn 2. Were also not super concerned with our life total; because were not running black, we dont run any self-harm effects such as Necropotence, Phyrexian Arena, etc; no life payments for us to drop our own life totals precipitously. $639. This combo works by exiling the Griffin or Scourge to Food Chain for X+1 colored mana; you use X of that mana to re-cast from exile the Griffin/Scourge, netting a single mana. Additionally, our land/artifact ramp comes into play untapped and ready to go, giving us greater ramping abilities, whereas mana dorks require a turn before theyre online. Attention! As such, dont feel bad about using Sylvan Library to full effect, drawing three cards a turn. It is not geared towards cedh but it is tried and tested to be about a 65-70% win rate in my high power paper meta. Late Game: Again, if youve gotten to this stage, things have gone wrong. Our second combo functions in much the same way: the typical Deadeye Navigator + Palinchron infinite mana loop. Wanderer doesnt care about combat damage, and in fact doesnt even really care about casting your commander at all unless it wins the game that turn. This was about the time that Khans of Tarkir came out, and I immediately fell in love with the Temur. I'm not a huge fan of that tier list because it ranks commanders based on the commander itself. The only downside is not having Jeleva which is typically your backup plan. RUG (Temur). With early versions of the deck that just had Misthollow, it was easy to just grab the Griffin, Foresight and Selective Memory, not only grabbing your combo piece but also making sure that extra copies of the same effect were now off the table - Selective Memory is pretty useless if Misthollow Griffin is already exiled. Comment: Important! Pathbreaker Ibex [Primer] The Maelstrom Wanderer : r/CompetitiveEDH - reddit Comments. Maelstrom Wanderer As Commander As Card Average Deck Maelstrom Wanderer (Decklist) $15.99 $14.73 5.82 TIX 3445 decks (0.158%) Rank #168 Navigation By Theme By Budget All Cheap Expensive Links Moxfield MTGGoldfish MTGStocks Scryfall Average Type Distribution hilti spray lubricant; steamboat restaurant in pearland; tracks bar and grill menu near london; columbia university forensic psychology Spoiler Timeline. Overall, I'd agree that Wanderer is place pretty solidly in Tier 2. And I certainly wasnt going to win any games against the truly competitive decks. As such, we're letting you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy to reflect the new rule set forth by the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind - I draw a lot of cards, and if I can convert that draw power into damage, that's a lot of damage. EDH Superfriends copy (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) This is a subreddit dedicated to playing the Commander format of Magic: The Gathering at the highest power level possible.

Planned Parenthood Of Greater Texas Board Of Directors, Hugh Janus Names, Zinoleesky Net Worth In Naira 2021, Articles M