Read our post on six stunning driving routes inside Yellowstone National Park next. When planning a trip to Yellowstone, one of the biggest questions you might have is where should I stay? Yellowstone National Park is massive, with multiple park entrances and thousands of acres of land to explore. How to plan one day in Sequoia National Park with kids? This is not your typical hotelits more of a luxury camping or glamping experience. Then you would be fresh to drive into Yellowstone the next morning. Also are you traveling to Yellowstone this month? Hi Bharat and Supriya, Thanks for helping to plan the trip. We are going to Yellowstone in a week from SLC. best scenic route to yellowstone from Salt lake city - Trippy By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Last Minute Hotels in Salt Lake City; Skip to main content. It is literally a, Million Dollar Cowboy Bar for live music, entertainment, and iconic saddle stools to sit on. Round-trip. This 28-page ebook includes the best things to do in all 63 national parks, plus exclusive trip planning tips. If you're a solo traveler, please contact us and we'll help you join another group. If you arriving from the north or planning to drive to Glacier National Park next, this is a great place to stay, for at least one night. Any recommendations on other scenic route to drive back to Salt Lake City after Yellowstone? Crowds? ahead of time. For a list of must-have experiences, read our article Best Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park. We are talking 12 months in advance! But realize that if we do that it will take all of our time. I mean which park covers almost three states, has five entrances, and nearly 470 miles of roads? Is it illegal to sleep in your car in some random pulloff? (phone number for pickup: 626-522-6791,suggested tips of $10 for courteous driving). Yellowstone sits in three states: Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana, with most of its land located in Wyoming. Pocatello - Salt Lake City. One of my favorite ways to see the national parks is with GyPSy Guide. Outside of Yellowstone, I recommend stayingin West Yellowstone. We stayed here on our most recent visit to Yellowstone and had a great experience. Hotel between Salt Lake and West Yellowstone - Yellowstone National Appreciate your help, Hello, glad you liked our blog! The main reason for starting and ending your Yellowstone road trip in Salt Lake City is the large airport located here, but its an incredible place to visit too! 32 Best Stops Between Salt Lake City and Yellowstone National Park Some rooms have patios and some room have balconies. Distance between Salt Lake City, UT and Yellowstone National Park, WY Travel from Salt Lake City, Utah to Yellowstone by taking I-15 north to exit 118 where you'll get onto US 26. All tents have their own, private bathrooms and some can accommodate up to four people. Arrangements must be made for the item to be picked up within 48 hours, after which the item will be placed in the lost and found for 30 days and then donated. Yellowstone National Park - A storybook itinerary | Fun Travelog, https://www.funtravelog.com/yellowstone-itinerary, https://www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/stay/summer-lodges/, http://www.yellowstoneairport.org/flights.shtml, 15 epic photos of scenic drives in Yellowstone National Park | Fun Travelog, Best Yellowstone Hikes: 9 Stunning Day Adventures - Explore Now Or Never, Bozeman to Yellowstone West entrance (97 miles, 2 hours), Billings to Yellowstone North Entrance (172 miles, 2.45 hours), West Yellowstone to the Yellowstone West Entrance (this is the closest airport to Yellowstone and operates only seasonally. In general, in-park lodging will be more expensive than staying outside of the park. Check our road trip itinerary collection for your perfect vacation. After spending a day exploring Salt Lake City, youll head towards Grand Teton National Park, the first destination on your road trip! I wanted to check with you if 2 days would be sufficient to enjoy the road trip and the Yellowstone from the South Entrance. This is a 2 hour drive to Jackson, Wy. Mammoth Hot Springs. Amenities: Free wifi, parking, onsite restaurant, and pet-friendly. Grand Teton National Park is easily one of the most impressive and scenic national parks in the United States. 1,800 miles. I am trying to plan a motorcycle trip, and trying to navigate an itinerary for 5-6 days, starting and returning to Salt Lake City, this looks like a great start! Once you find your flight, Skyscanner redirects you to book with the airline directly, so you dont miss out on frequent flyer points!If you need a rental car, I recommend using Rentalcars.com to find the best deals. I really like Gardiner, but it is a long drive in and out of the park from here. The tour guide will be adjusted according to the actual situation of the day, please . Grant Village. But there are a few. Since the flood, the park roads are now open. The Old Faithful Inn and Canyon Lodge are my favorites, both close to all the most popular places to see in the park. So, what happens if you cant reserve a lodge within the park? This route takes you from Logan to Bear Lake, then follows the Snake River into Jackson, Wyoming. After three days in Yellowstone, its time to head back from Yellowstone National Park to Salt Lake City. Its a self-guided audio tour that shares stories, local tips & directions. If you are not finding anything inside, we would suggest look in the nearby towns of Jackson, Cody, West Yellowstone (situated at different sections of park). Yellowstone, America's first national park, covers over 2 million acres and has numerous iconic landmarks. The hotel also has a sauna and fitness center. Its like having a tour guide, with the hassle of being on a group tour. Located in Cody, this property gets some of the best reviews in town. If you have more or less time for your Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park road trip, here are a couple of modifications: Read More: 7 Days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone. The 620-mile road trip from Las Vegas to Idaho will take 9 hours and 40 minutes to drive. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Any recommendations for places to stay. Have you thought about which route to take yet? This is the fastest route from SLC Airport to West Yellowstone, MT. While you may hear the terms used interchangeably, the region is Jackson Hole, and the city is simply named Jackson. Thanks for the helpful information. Elk Horn Lodge. See the road trip map here or click the image below. 9 Coolest Hotels in Salt Lake City from Elegant Romanticism to Boutique Bliss The Grand America Hotel Rated 5 stars out of 5 The Little America Hotel Rated 4 stars out of 5 Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City Rated 4 stars out of 5 The Peery Hotel Rated 3 stars out of 5 Salt Lake Plaza Hotel SureStay Collectio. Day 2: Scenic Drive from Salt Lake to Jackson Hole. It's the spot where the city was founded in 1847. day 2 driving 2.5 hours. If you prefer maps, Ive also embedded both routes below. Did you read our other two blogs on Yellowstone (one of which is a storybook itinerary)? While it is still possible to visit the park in the winter, it is a much different experience. Lake Lodge Cabins features a main lodge and 186 cabins, some with views of the lake. are my favorites, both close to all the most popular places to see in the park. We spent three more days in Yellowstone, staying in Gardiner, Montana for the last three nights (at the Yellowstone Gateway Inn). Yellowstone has eight lodges inside the park, plus several campgrounds. Hi there, this post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. There are lots of hotels there, and in September there might be more availability than in the peak summer months. Hello, we only have a day for Yellowstone and a day for GTNP, we arrive on a Wednesday and by Saturday one person in our group has a work event in Bozeman, from there our main interest is Glacier, but while were in the area wed like to visit Yellowstone and GTNP, do you have any recommendations as to where to fly into, where to start and where to stay? Spent 2 fabulous nights at Spring Creek Ranch which I think is the nicest place in Jackson. 3-star hotel with bar, conference center. Get the full list in our article Best Things to Do in Yellowstone. Use, to browse deals on rental cars or rent an RV or campervan with, My favorite way to learn more about the park is with GyPSy Guides, a narrated self-guided tour perfect for road trips and scenic drives. June 1st week would be a fairly good time to visit- we did around mid-June (evenings obviously a bit chilly). Tower Falls. They serve an Old West Dinner Cookout and there is a nearby corral where you can go on horseback rides. more. Place to stay between Salt Lake City and Yellowstone Get answers to your questions about Salt Lake City, Best trolley/light rail route to Rice Eccles. Pick and choose your stops along the way to build your own road trip including . Salt Lake City Yellowstone National Park (3 hours, Head to visit Palette, Grand Prismatic Hot Spring, Old Faithful Geyser, Fountain Trail, Morning Glory and other attractions. Many thanks for leaving a comment Makrand. Both Yellowstone and Grand Teton are tucked away in the northwest corner of Wyoming, less than five hours from Salt Lake City, Utah. Hi Bharat, That would be very kind of you to share! SLC -> Jackson/Grand Teton (1 full day here is great) -> West Yellowstone for 1 to 2 nights, maybe even 1 or 2 nights in Gardiner -> Cody/Sheridan. We booked about three months before. The temperatures in Yellowstone in April are quite cold with temperatures between 42F and 66F, warm clothes are a must. 9 Coolest Hotels in Salt Lake City from Elegant Romanticism - Trivago Flight. While many visitors choose to drive directly from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park, I argue that Grand Teton is a must-do stop on your road trip. Note: This post contains affiliate links. The closest airport is in West Yellowstone (WYS), serviced by both United and Delta Airlines. Dont miss the incredible waterfalls in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, the unique terraces in Mammoth Hot Springs, and the wildlife in Lamar Valley and Hayden Valley. Also if you visit SLC, a meal at Reg Iguana is highly recommended (if you like that kind of food) , [] How to enjoy the drive from Salt Lake City to Grand Teton National Park [].

Medical Elective Australia, Florida Statute Driving Wrong Way, Articles H