Whatever the reason for it, white males are the bungling idiots of the ad world, just as theyve been for years and will continue to be for as long as the culture deems them toxic. I dont see it, yet the advertising industry engages in constant self-flagellation over the lack of black workers. Its almost as if, as you say, studies like these are meant to shape reality rather than reflect it. If they fail, they will ultimately find themselves facing justice for their many crimes and forced to pay for their misdeeds. Oh, and dont forget critical race theory. . Need to tell that to the UPenn swimmer Lia Thomas about the annual prostate exam!! Id also like to note that DuckDuckGo is now following Googles lead in censoring and suppressing information that its owners dont like. I totally agree with you. No wonder black fatigue is becoming a thing. But to look at these commercials youd think that 90% of the country was black and theyre only casting commercials to reflect the demographics. His firm is huge, and he sees his responsibility in the industry to promote diversity. Its amazing how overnight white people became complete buffoons and black people became highly intelligent with all the answers to everything in life. Five corporate approved pieces of signage in lobby. Its going to backfire! It can create feelings of resentment among otherwise fair and good people such as yourself, which I assume is exactly the opposite of what these brands and advertisers are meaning to do. 20% are agnostic, but celebrate Christmas. Clearly, the activists behind this type of propaganda are not, and will never be, content to just live their lives and leave everyone else alone. Its so stupid. It explains the Who, How, and Why of all these social issues. Hollywood is not making art at all anymoreits all social engineering propaganda. Not to get too political here, but the progressive mind-set is akin to that of a sledgehammer when instead, precision instruments are called for. Yes, equity is paramount and we marketers should all strive to achieve it. Its the ad agencies and the companies they represent that infuriate me, not any demographic of Americans. And the corporate media including Big Tech are not just complicit, theyve been captured completely. If this was a book on physics, Mark Levin would win a Nobel Prize for his Theory of Everything. Diversity in Advertising: Avoid The Obvious 05/06/2021 - MediaPost Take All Black Network for instance. One would think the population in America is majority black, with a handful of white women, and very few white men. To be honest, I feel more badly for any black people watching this crap. Yeah, the same idea applies here. All combos you can think of. Im just pointing out what any objective, fair-minded person can see and that is the colossal, glaring overrepresentation of black people in TV commercials at the expense of other races, particularly white people. As Jeremy Boreing of The Daily Wire recently acknowledged, there arent a lot of options for disenfranchised consumers who dont want to give their money to woke corporations. Actually, If you watch TV ads in the UK these days, you will see tokenism a group of black people with one white friend. etc.not racism, but facts that prove their babble crap are myths In todays TV commercials and movies, the burglars are always white! Just rather the observations of someone that knows more about marketing than most people. They see white erasure in western culture and wonder why. In fact, 67% agree that it is important that the companies they buy from celebrate diversity of all kinds. If I didnt know better, Id say it almost feels like many of these commercials were written with white people in mind, and then black actors were hired for the sake of diversity.. When I graduated and applied for jobs in corporate America, everyone wanted diversity (read: straight white males need not apply). None of my posts or replies are hateful, I dont use foul language, dont attack the people who post or who I disagree with although I will use sarcasm occasionally. Oh, thank you, Anonymous. Too bad for them, then, that thoughtful and measured comments like yours, and so many others on this page, prove emphatically that we are not. There is no need for this lopsided depiction of blacks in ads and on tv. It is the same with Russia, because they have no control there. Then again, we live in an age of extremes the very rich, the very poor and a rapidly shrinking middle. It drives me nuts, and for so long I have felt like I am the only one who gets worked up about it. But the problem is, ALL the ad agencies are also doing this.. in concert with ALL the corporate brand executives. I dont believe they are diverse just playing the role. This should be the test used to determine if someone is male or female. I cant help wonder if there isnt some political manipulation going on here. (Facebook Advertising) 9. Looking back, I shouldnt have waited so long to write this post. Well before this subject matter was put forward, I had wanted to send Rob a private email about this (and regarding the pussifaction [excuse my terminology]) about this subject. While Im sure that some of what we are seeing is driven by good intentions, Im also sure that a lot of it is driven by politics, fear of cancel culture, and cynical attempts by brands to hitch their wagons to the latest hot-button social issues. Avoiding them is not racism. Rachel Montague, Gourmet Services, Inc. Its all well and good to proclaim a desire for diversity, but companies need to be careful they arent treating it flippantly, because their audience will see right through it. To that end, Tubi is actually a pretty great (and free!) Orthere are a lot more blacks in America than I thought. And the media champion it. Mainly in the USA is Black pushed so hard. They earn the most per capita and have the highest education by race. Do you accept these cookies and the processing of personal data involved? With respect to simple gender, 90%+ of print and television ads for gyms and exercise equipment feature women. And Id still love to whack Mark Fuckerburg with a 36 axe handle every time I see his punk-assed smug mug. Forced diversity. Yet we continue to lower standards, bend the rules, to be politically correct, or diverse whatever. As I say, I do appreciate authenticity in my commercials, and I dont think Im alone. Thanks Madge, you nailed it. Thats another funny trope. When you do see a commercial aimed at Latino consumers, the commercials go out of their way to make sure that you know that the people in the commercials are Latino by saying the surnames out loud: Chevy Silverado Thanks for bringing me with you today, Mr. and Mrs. Lopez The healthy choice, I think, is to get off of social media. I am sure that for the vast majority of the UK this is not the case. In some cities, the best and newest YMCAs are in mostly black neighborhoods. Thanks for doing the legwork so we dont have to, Wypipo. Along with blacks dominating advertisements and all the new sitcoms, they have black only cable channels, black award shows, black history month, black music appreciation month, Martin Luther King day (instead of honoring all civil rights marchers). If we targeted blacks, wed cast blacks. However, when the nature of this representation in no way reflects society at large, its only reasonable to assume that an agenda is being pushed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother Well, I was so upset that I decided to fight fire with fire. As a 73 year old white male. It you really want to see how lopsided the commercials are with blacks watch sporting events and musical events. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle (no picture! Who would we need to contact to bring this to their attention? So much truth here, especially in the fact that so many political, social, and religious agendas and conventional wisdom are driven by big-money corporations (Pfizer, anyone?). Not just in the race area, but other sensitive areas. And the irony is when there are black American families that do strive to be successful or achieve affluence, they are criticized as selling out or being uncle Toms by others. ANA and AIMM remain committed to publicly measuring gender equality and ethnic diversity in the marketing industry and we plan to repeat and expand these studies in 2022. Check our Privacy and Cookie Policy for more information. Theres nothing like a hay-bale-throwin, truck driven guy who know how to fix things! The Importance of Diversity in Advertising | Creating Results I appreciate you widening the discussion to include the very real and destructive impacts on families and societies. The latest example that has gotten under my skin is the coverage of the US Open tennis tournament. B. some bigot dropping hurtful or played-out tropes on Reddit? I have boycotted every company pushing the propaganda. But for new readers coming in, Id like to steer the conversation back to the topic of representation and diversity in TV commercials. But God save the queen Kim, she will change this all in a generation or two. I doubt either are accurate. What she/he is doing to womens college swimming is a travesty!! In the meantime, theyre all probably laughing themselves silly watching race-obsessed white people trip all over themselves to make commercials that make white people feel less guilty about being white. The worst part, however, is that the vast majority of the sleeping populace goes right along with it, happily complying with the activists demands and parroting the inclusive propaganda. (See inset.). I hope. Its safe, but it will take you away from this site to show you the video on YouTube. Yes, the black family camping out in a tent in their back yard and cooking Smores together gave me a laugh, too. I have to tape all my shows because I am so tired of seeing all black and gay and transgender and interracial people on tv. Anyone with healthy self-confidence does not require the culture to prop up their egos. Most blacks and whites dont think its okay. I cannot stand the commercials and do feel insulted by it. Up or down, it seems to vary in concert with social signals sent by Facebook, the autocratic, data-collecting platform that has several times blocked my ads promoting this blog post and restricted my account for hate speech..

Hastings Funeral Home Obituaries Morgantown, Wv, Metallic Taste In Mouth After Covid, Yankees Community Relations, Articles F