or Best Offer. The aroma of perfectly flavored bubble gum tickled your nose, and the white powder coating of real powdered sugar was the perfect finish for the longest lasting flavor of any bubble gum product. Fleer introduced the recipe to the world as Dubble Bubble (and yes, we carry that, too). Frank Fleer was very young when he decided to start creating bubble gum. BEST TIMES OF MY LIFE I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER,MY GRANDCHILDREN WOULD LOVE IT!! It's a relief to know it really did exist! Yes, yes, yes! Free returns. On sale, if you bought any ten Fleer penny gum products (Chum Gum included), the eleventh was free. There are still wrappers that you can find online though, if the nostalgia is something that appeals to you. Chum Gum is what you had to have in the summer of 1969 just as school let out. My experience was in the 50's and 60's, though. Our old homestead is under H2/0 so sad. We bought it in the penny candy section. we will never get or have those in again or something to that effect. Please bring it back. I lived in Cheverly, Maryland 64-74, we would collect soda bottles to cash in and buy candy at 7-11. The wintergreen flavor is mellow, not too much like some sort of analgesic balm or Pepto Bismol. In the 1990s, Skittles came in the form . They were relish!!! CHUM GUM ---YUM!!! The gum is sold sporadically in the USA by the Gerrit J. Miss them, Marathon Bars were a classic and are the MOST requested retro candy that we once offered. They were a white mint with a green jelly center. Bought it from woolworths in the penny candy section. If enough of us write to them, perhaps Fleer will bring it back. I remember especially liking the flavor which was unique, and different from other gums. I used to find it and steal him WONDERFUL Chum Gum!!! I do remember a beechnut gum that was striped. I bought all they had in stock. Anyone remember sputnik gum? Clove, Black Jack and Juicy Fruit were expensive, penny a stick! (The Comrades reeeealy didnt like us for tearing up there countryside. A Principal would be hung out to dry if he let children walk to the store while at school. I've been looking for it for years!! It was pink and I loved that two came in the wrapper. I would sure like a piece right now. I had a collection of about 15 though. It must have been true cinnamon. Shop Now Project 7 Spearmint Farms. Almost cried because they dont make Branchs dem bones anymore. That was August 7, 1987. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy and has no idea what I am talking about. But I couldn't for the life of me remember its name. I grew up in Wisconsin and we bought it all the time in the penny candy section of our neighborhood meat market. It is described as having a very unique original bubblegum flavor with a smooth but powdery pink gum. The memory will fade. The following are links about Chum Gum you may find interesting. Somebody needs to produce this again. Reminds me of camping. people also thought i was crazy whenever i would ask if anyone remembered this wonderful product. "To prevent decay, To sweeten the breath, To keep teeth white," read the package. The Fleer name is now owned by a company known as Upper Deck, who had previously made a huge offer to the company and had been declined. I would also get Kits in banana, chocolate and strawberry. Fleer owned the market on bubble gum sports trading cards at the time. I have looked for it for years. You can still find many of those on the market now. Bring back the Wonka Scrunch bar! 25 cents went a long way back in the 60's. They were a brown and white striped hard minty candy on the outside with a softer, chewier finish. Geez Louise, how I LOVED Chum Gum. i use to walk to my corner store and buy the individual sticks for a penny a piece. Five sticks in a cardboard box for five cents. what great memories. Xylichew 100% Xylitol Chewing Gum - Non GMO, Non Aspartame, Gluten Free, and Sugar Free Gum - Natural Oral Care, Relieves Bad Breath and Dry Mouth - Fruit, 60 Count 60 Count (Pack of 1) 1,028 Save 10% $988 ($0.16/Count)$11.02 Lowest price in 30 days FREE delivery Wed, Jan 25 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon Options: 5 sizes Climate Pledge Friendly I grew up in Santa Ana, CA in the early 1960's. "Our new obsession." - TIME The funny thing about that is that one day, if we are still here, we will talk about these days as the "good old days". Wacky Wafers are not on your list. And Sqeeze pops only lasted three years. Where can I find Chum bubble gum or do they still make it? And only A PENNY! So sad that it can no longer be found. I am from Lockport, IL and I, too, couldn't make anyone believe that I remembered Chum Gum! Chewed it in Dallas in the late '50s and in Odessa through most of the '60s. And about 10-12 came in a little rectangular pack with a paper wrapper with the name on it. I am 54 and still crave it after all these years. That was the "Good Ole Days". Why did they have to stop making something so good? Not only was it the best deal and best tasting, I loved the smell so much I would buy it and keep it in my room as a kid!! Love the flavor,the color, its softness. The following are comments left about Chum Gum from site visitors such as yourself. After reading all these stories on Chum Gum, I want some now!!! I bought it in St. Albans. google_color_link = "A74403"; I love Chum Gum. If I could just go back. As The Saturday Evening Post lamented, however, the Chiclet disappeared in 2016, leaving, in its words, "only sad imitations of the brand" in its wake. Looked at the ingredients and they now have mixed in synthetic sweeteners and other crap. Only cough drop I like, only cough drop I will use. I buy them for my mother, they are exactly the same is the marathon, even the same braided shape. http://cgi.ebay.com/CHUM-GUM-5-PIECES-VINTAGE-BUBBLE-GUM-FLEER-CHUM-GUM_W0QQitemZ300198065907QQcategoryZ35645QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWINQ3aPOST0Q3aRECOQ3aBIDQQcmdZViewItem. If you do find any, its certainly just memorabilia and probably not in any condition to be chewed now after having been discontinued 50 years ago. Liked Beemans Teaberry gum, too. Here's one for you how about Chum Gums little brother "RED DEVIL GUM" as I recall it was sweet and spicy. Old Clem would ask for "one thin dime" when you bought ten cents worth. I still miss that gum and would pay alot of money to have more. OMG! I'm 57 and loved Chum Gum, Dots, Wax tubes filled with syrup, Black Cows, baseball cards, candy cigarettes, paper straws filled with Kool-Aid type power and many more great candies. I believe many of the candy requests are sold there, my girlfriend enjoys Necco wafers, which they stock in many flavors. Can still taste it in my mind's mouth! That being said, you can find a lot of other great old candies and gum there, but look out for the price. (3 stick package) Can anybody remember the names of the 3 cent candy bars? The flavor lasted ALL DAY. Its called the Curly wurly. theres an emty spot in me. If there is anyone that reads this that knows the manufacturer's address or is it still being made please post a comment with the info! That being said, it was made by the same company that created Dubble Bubble, Bazooka, and several other similar gums. It is owned by Mondelz International. But I remember it was blue. Two for a penny and with a dime i would fill my mouth with 20 sticks and chew until I couldn't move my jaw any more. Somebody get the recipe and start making it again ! The fatty, greasy skin of chicken is a feast for catfish. I grew up in Kansas city, Kansas and bought Chum Gum at Newits market in the penny candy section. I can still almost taste it. Like so many really cool products from the past, these most likely are gone for good. Live in Indy, would walk past a neighborhood store on way to school bus stop, I always got some Chum Gum before getting on bus. We would split the money we got( .10 to .15 cents) and then hit the penny candy. The Chicago company was small. I have thought of Chum gum several times and just now decided to google is.. It was the best!Bring it back! Bring back. Let's start a petition to bring back our beloved Chum Gum. Chew one and give one to a Chum. The gum is rather simple and mild. When I was a kid, my favorite candy bars were Milkshake candy bars and Marathon bars. Tasty and unique, I'm 10 years old just thinking about it. Does anyone remember Adams brand fruit flavored gumsgreen apple, grape, cherry, and so on? I have since ceased chewing gum because of TMJ, but would risk biting the inside of my mouth again and again for some Chum Gum. What was the gum back in the day that was square shaped and had gel in the middle There were only 6 pieces to a pack And it came in cinnamon . Go check it out and comment back on here I would love to know what you thought, but its not for drinking lol. 1 cup equals. I would give anything to have a "chew" once again! AT THE CORNER STORE WE WOULD BUY IT IN THE 60S. I did a yahoo search on chum gum thats how iI found this page. You can reminisce about past candies, or click here to shop the thousands of candieswe do have. I grew up in MA and there was a corner variety right by my elementary school that used to sell Chum Gum. No gum compares to the taste or texture. One thing we did find to be interesting was the fact that people were still finding Chum Gum for sale almost 20 years after it was officially discontinued. This was the best gum ever. The Fleer Factory closed many years agoTo bad for us Chum Gum fans, My wife bought me on sale after easter. It was the bested ever!! I remember chum gum from the fifties, Allens grocery,in Ault Colorado, was my source. I cant help but think of those delicious little mint humbugs that my grandmother always gave me. You made my day :-). My mom would walk with us to the neighborhood candy store and we would purchase it along with turtles, bazooka joe bubble gum, Wish they would get the recipe and reintroduce it! Oh, well. :-). Bargain! Could be the case If so, then it would just be nice to know what is was called way back when. Their familiar logo is on the picture in this link. I also have food pages for the 80s and 90s. i used to buy it in houston, texas in the mid-sixties. It was my favorite bubble gum and apparently still is 50 years later! empty. Have you ever heard of these. I grew up in Buffalo New York, and my brother and I would always go to the corner store just for Chum gum. I wish it would make a comeback. Not only did this have the most fabulous flavor, but it had such a wonderfully smooth texture - not all gritty and sugary like regular bubblegum. Thank you! AFTER SCHOOL WE ALWAYS STOP AT THIS STORE TO BUY CHUM GUM. I have wracked my brain so many times trying to come up with this name. I am 51 and have been craving this gum, chum gum the best ever made, 2 sticks for a penny and nothing else compares. I was a child of the 60s & 70s. Was fun reading everybody's memories about Chum Gum and simpler, better times. Best gum EVER!!!! and I loved the flavor of Chum Gum. There actually was a Chum Gum before Fleer's stick bubble gum! Barney-Google Maps wouldnt co-operate for a finer search.). I would encourage everyone to email the company to try and bring this gum back. I was just discussing old time candy with a co-worker, he never heard of Chum gum, so I was going to Google it so I could prove I was not makiing it up and found this link of wonderful stories. Maybe the makers of Chum Gum put a special ingredient to make us want it, kind of like cigarettes or something! Chum gum was my favorite. We would drag our wagon all over town!!! If not, you should find the recipe and redistribute it! WHERE CAN I FIND CHUM GUM? I have used Certs Peppermint breath mints since 1965. My grandmother owned a pizza store that sold penny candy. I'm 50 and from St. Louis. I wish they still made it. 4. When my Mom passed away, my sister and I were recalling the days when we were kids and unbelievable, but we spoke about the Chum Gum and how we'd fight over that dang stuff! My dad took us to this candy factory in Detroit, MI once or twice a month. OH BOY I REMEMBER THIS GUM.IT WAS THE BEST EVER. If you happen to know anything about what candies I speak of, please do not hesitate to contact me! This was good stuff. They don't make em like they used to. Wow! I put all of it in my mouth at once and chew it as I walked home. I wasn't tall enough to stand on the floor and play the machine. Remember the gum in those cards? I would buy it at Bruce's store across from my high school, everyone who went to GWHS chewed it. That one is still on the market today. I would so love to have chum gum back1. This candy now days cost almost $200 a bar and is not worth the cost. Wow! I grew up in the Boston area and we would buy this at the penny-candy store. If we ever discuss back on the market the company would be very successful. Sadly, these were discontinued many moons ago. Answer From Elizabeth Rajan, M.D. I grew up in Kansas City and had Chum Gum in the 60's. wish i could find a stick today. In fact, they have expanded the product range from just Bazooka Original. And who can forget that great flavor? Wish some bright kid could come up with formala for it!Q, For years I have inquired about this gum not remembering the name and I finally found out! Chum Gum was my favorite. It was actually the middle of my work day as a door to door salesman and I was stopping to get gas. Sometimes I can still smell it. I'm 52 and it was my daily habit after school in East Los Angeles back in the 60's. We had Chum Gum in Dallas Texas in the 60's. I am not the only one who remembers Chum Gum. The packaging was very similar to Charms Squares which were fruit flavored squares, but no gum in them. I always look at Cracker Barrel hoping it found its way back. Theres never been a candy bar like the 10:30 before or since. I also grew up in Chicago. Too bad they don't make this anymore. I think if I could buy it now I might be tempted to mortgage my house & spend it all on Chum Gum. It had it's own taste-nothing like it. And I couldnt blame them!!!) :). I WANT MY WINTERGREEN CERTS BACK. Chum Gum came out as early as the 1950s from what we can tell and was available until sometime in the 90s. Wintergreen Certs have been my favorite for decades. Chum gum has a flavor I will never for get and as most of you have said it bring back the good old days when being a child was care free and good times. I would cut coupons and take them to the local independent grocery store who would pay you face value that was printed on them, up to a dollar per day, then I'd go to the 5 & dime and buy a dollar worth of candy. I"m 70 & don't recognize Chum Gun, but I do fondly remember Yank Bubble Gum - sure wish I could find some for old times sake.

Does Talenti Have A Seal Inside, Articles D