The speedometer is large and clear and reads all the way to 120mph. If the previous poster buddy had a Corvette with these theyd have to be 15. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[468,60],'barnfinds_com-leader-1','ezslot_9',149,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-barnfinds_com-leader-1-0'); The Chevrolet mag-style wheel covers are a nice touch but theyre not included in the sale. Thank God ! Bidding will advance immediately to $. California Notice at Collection Finally a great color too. Looking at this rarely seen version of the 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle 300 Deluxe, its hard to believe that this car spent all its life in Pennsylvania and has remained mostly rust free. The car is well worth more than the current 7,600 bid. Dad sold it to this farmer in 11of 1969. I bought a set in 73 for $25, used, with some road rash, and sold them later for $100. It could have a muncie. RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. Originally a 396 car but has an era correct 1968 427 under the hood now. For sale is a 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 convertible. Classifieds for 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS. Inquire view details. I have a couple of sets of 14, one set will go on my Aztec Bronze 66 Chevelle convertible. Its 427ci V8 is paired with a four-speed manual transmission, and additional equipment includes a Holley four-barrel carburetor, a dual exhaust system, bucket seats, a center console, and a Hurst shifter. 1 week + 1 day ago in HotMuscleCars 1967 Ss 427 Impala, Z24, Unrestored, 4 Speed, Ac, Loads Of Documentation, Wow! The story is valid. You're the high bidder. Kind of a nice change from the typical mag wheel and very easily changeable. All of this sets the stage for 1966, when the fullsize Chevrolet models received a substantial restyle with both ends receiving a more formal, squared-off look. . Should bring around 20,000 easily. I wonder if this car is one of them. But if you had the tanny code for a muncie when it was ordered. Rearend: 3.31 gears with Positraction An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. You are not connected to real-time updates. 2016, 2017 and 2018. This Impala SS 427 is a welcome addition A real rare SS427 was not actually sold as an impala, but as its own model, the SS427 RPO Z24 as opposed to an Impala SS which could be bought For sale is a 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 convertible. Hmmmm. This is a facility that built hundreds of thousands of fullsize Chevrolets cars from its inception until 1992, when it was shuttered as GM moved production of the Camaro and Pontiac Firebird to Quebec. 15 results per page. View car 1 day ago new See photo 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS $60,500 13221, Syracuse, Onondaga County, NY 1966 Unique Classic Cars (844) 737-5797. Repaint it..NO WAY! My opinion is THIS IS what a Barn Find of a car of this age with this mileage SHOULD LOOK LIKE by in large. This is a short video created by the owner of this car when it was for sale. RCC Motors is very pleased to offer this tome capsule 1966 Chevrolet impala SS 427. He drove it until 1973 when he couldnt afford to drive it and it sat there from until 2017. All Matching Numbers. 1966 CHEVROLET IMPALA CONVERTIBLE. For Impala SS enthusiasts, this car has got to be close to the Holy Grail, and the fact that it is so original makes it an incredibly special car. While the Caprice series stood atop the fullsize Chevy lineup, its emphasis was on luxury, not sportiness. It matters from a perspective of collectibility and value. The U69 AM/FM stereo pushbutton radio? Crazy. Trans: 700R4 Automatic. Stevenson wanted the car equipped his own way, notably with a red vinyl bucket seat interior and the big 427-cid V-8 and a personalized assortment of factory features, such as a Turbo . The Impala has undergone a pretty substantial transformation since it emerged from the barn, but the owner is very quick to point out that it isnt perfect. It is a non-runner, though, as its disclosed that thecarburetor is MIA. First off, you can say this car has come full circle. They recently added this Willow Green 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle SS restomod to their inventory where it is listed for sale with a price tag of less than $45,000. I too am a ford guy but Like em all. Keep me in the conversation via email. Power bucket seat. . $12,000. The five-digit mechanical odometer shows 24k miles a handful of which have been added by the seller. The interior features front bucket seats and a rear bench clad in black upholstery (813) and accompanied by a matching dashboard and carpeting. 1967 Chevrolet Impala Ss - Used Chevrolet Impala for sale in Cheswick, Pennsylvania | Lunny's Auto 1966 Chevrolet Impala. Bidding on the vehicle has been extremely strong, and has pushed things along to $33,100. 66 Impala 427 SS Convertible black on black, 502 Ram Jet fuel Injected Chevy Crate engine, 700 R4 Overdrive auto trans, Ford 9 Rear End LaFontaine Classics is thrilled to offer this beautiful 1966 Impala SS 427/425hp 4 speed for sale. If you don't win, the pre-authorization will be released. All models featured curved side glass, enhancing the look. Then I saw the flags, the 427 marking, and smiled. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. ?? This ones nicer than mine was in 79, with 100 more cubes under the hood to boot. 1969 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 for sale in Sonoma California. Or subscribe without commenting. Who would have thought? This is a 1967 Chevy Impala SS 427. It has been returned to active duty, and if you have gasoline pumping through your veins, then I can guarantee that this is one classic that you would love to have parked in your garage. Ive got a 66 Impala with the 327 4 speed. Body is laser straight. The paint is original and still has a good shine to be that old but does have some thin . Find 29 used 1967 Chevrolet Impala as low as $6,900 on Carsforsale.com. It found its way back home. It is a rare originalcar with original build sheet, currently has . . 34-Years-Owned 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 4-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $29,750 on October 6, 2021 (Lot #56,750) | Bring a Trailer Bid for the chance to own a 34-Years-Owned 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 4-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. The obvious determination is made by decoding the engines alpha code and verify that the engines sequence number matches the VINs sequence number. On an SS model, the controls for the volume, tone, balance, and fader were mounted between the seats in the console where today one might find controls for a multimedia and navigation system. Beautiful example of a 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS Convertible. A great example of a nice driver quality car with great options including the big block and 4 speed. This is a very rare car not sure how many are left but this has got to be the most original one out there hands down. This particular one has the Hi-Performance like it came off the showroom floor. (940) 427-xyz X (940) 427-xyz X Visit e Bay Store (phone) (phone) (phone) (phone) (phone) (phone) (phone) (phone) 25 26 of 26 Full For sale! . 4 way Flashers. Auctions Search Auctions Live Now Premium Trans: 400 Turbo Automatic. Too rich for my blood, I like the 64 Impala, 66 not so much. 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS Jim ODonnell Semantics are important and descriptions matter. Under the hood is a heavily modified 454-cid V8 engine with a set of Merlin ported cylinder heads, a high lift camshaft, and an MSD electronic ignition system. 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS427. The car was stored in a [] However, I suspect that if any of the 125 people who are currently watching the listing decides to have a say in the matter, thats a situation that could well change. So, how about the engine? Question of the Week: What's the Best Factory-Turbocharged Car? Wonder if any documents hiding in the car. Inside this Impala is the 385 horsepower version which cost an additional $647 when paired with a Turbo-Hydramatic automatic version. 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe (#255335746929) e***e (3088) - Feedback left by buyer e***e (3088). Sign up for our free daily email and youll never miss another find: BF Auction: 1961 Volkswagen Samba Deluxe 23-Window, Pristine 1975 Cadillac Eldorado with 40,000 Genuine Miles. Trans: 4 Speed Manual. Hen was Chevy built nearly 10 times as many SS 427's using the same body style that only cost a couple hundred dollars more than the plain Customs. The good news though is that the remaining glass seems to be okay. In 1969, the Chevrolet Impala SS was available only as the Z24 (SS427), coming exclusively with a 427-cubic-inch (7.0 L) V8 of 335 brake horsepower (250 kW), 390 brake horsepower (290 kW), or 425 brake horsepower (317 kW). In 1966 it became Chevrolet's top series, replacing the Impala much as the Impala replaced the Bel Air as Chevy's top model series in 1958. Good luck! If you listen to the experts, Bill Wickman's L-72-powered 1967 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 shouldn't exist. Cheers 1966 Chevrolet Impala Series Median Auction Sale Value by Year (prices in USD$) Year. L27 390HP 427 | 4-speed | **No Canadian Tuxury Tax** Tuxedo Black exterior finish Black leather interior This 1966 Chevrolet. Your bid has been posted in the comment flow on the listing, and you can see other bids there as they happen. 1966 Chevrolet Impala True SS 427 4 Speed Pro Touring! The backup lights are in the bumper, note the attached sales brochure image, the top picture is an Impala. 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS $66,000 32,563 Miles Copper Gateway classic cars of Nashville is proud to digitally present to you this 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS. The Impala SS arrived in San Diego in January 1995, which started a two-year-long restoration effort. Like em or not, those are a factory optional wheelcover. If thats okay, just keep browsing. Free shipping for many products! How come the wheels were changed to hub caps. 1967 Chevrolet Impala Ss 427 Blue With 66520 Miles $34,400 Total price 1967 66,520 miles Raleigh, North Carolina 1967 chevrolet impala ss 427 blue with 66520 miles1967 chevrolet impala ss 427, blue with 66520 miles available now!. It is not perfect but ORIGINAL is more important to many collectors AND you dont spend all that extra money. Condition. It is a rare original car with original build sheet, currently has 28,417 miles. All contents 2023 The best vintage and classic cars for sale online | Bring a Trailer, Privacy Notice For sale! Does it run? Do you know which dumpster? Continue with Recommended Cookies, 1962 Chevrolet Corvette4 days$33,750Bid Now, 1978 Chevrolet Corvette5 days$2,100Bid Now, 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III6 days$2,750Bid Now, 1961 Volkswagen Samba Deluxe 23-Window8 days$100Bid Now. This car was bought for my Dad as a graduation gift in May 1966. With the center console. Title. That is a Caprice. Original 283 with a factory 4 speed. iSeeCars.com analyzes prices of 10 million used cars daily. Big mother power train. Interior . Attempting to connect. BaT Auction Success Story: Powering Up with a P90D, Spring Carlisle Collector Car Flea Market & Corral. The car was stored since 1980 until I bought it in 2007, with 21,810 miles on it. buying and selling classic and collector vehicles. 1966 Chevrolet Corvette (Used) Trans: Not Available, Engine: 400 V8 In present condition. Very prudent to inspect the trans. Then there were the junk yard tires, the best I found in Dads junk yard. The chrome is very nice with no pitting and stainless trim nice as well. The seller notes the AM radio is missing. In January 1997, Halluska's high-powered Impala returned to the road and found its restoration featured in Classic Auto Restorer magazine as well as a three-page story in Super Chevy. Owing to the uniqueness of the harmonic balancer for the externally balanced 454 engine, and how it would line up with a pre 69 pulley system, I doubt that this car harbors a 454 ci motor. $55,999 Just up for sale after many years of looking for this RARE 1966 Chevrolet impala convertible super sport Interior and trim is this 427 400 Automatic trans 12 B. And why would you pull and inspect the transmission? Auctions Search Over the years, the Impala's original window sticker had remained with it, so Halluska knew exactly what would be required to return it back to the level of perfection it displayed when it rolled down the Van Nuys assembly line 29 years earlier. That brings us to the 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS two-door hardtop shown here, owned by Stephen Halluska. 8" rallye wheels were installed on the car and the car was also undercoated before leaving the dealership, both items were done at a cost of $227.56, It still . Unmolested. The 427 L72 engine block, Original rectangular port heads, Original aluminum Intake Manifold, Exhaust Manifolds, 780 CFM Holley Carburetor 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS Hardtop. I have had 65 68 impalas .look good bad. The 427 and 4 speed will trip a lot of triggers but remember this thing is going to be very thirsty for high test fuel so hopefully the ultimate buyer will have a deep wallet. As nice as it looks all cleaned up I like the way it looks on the trailer. When we look at these old cars I always wonder why it was ordered like that. The car is . My buddy said if you wont let me drive it I have no interest in buying it. Engine. The optional gauge pack is mounted in the center stack and features voltage, coolant temperature, and oil pressure gauges as well as an analog clock. Best of all, they didnt try to glamorize basically bad people, and the hoodlums got it in the end, as it should be. Celebrating the 100,000th Bring a Trailer Auction! Beautiful example of a 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS Convertible . This car should be taken to the Impala Nationals where I am sure it would place on originality. The two-spoke steering wheel features a chrome horn ring and frames a horizontal 120-mph speedometer, a 7k-rpm tachometer, and auxiliary gauges. Then the car rolled up next to me it was one of these. At that price, the reserve has not been met. Login; . B@lls to the walls performance, 427 4 speed. Chevy supposedly didn't put any 427-cu.in./ 425hp big-block Mark IV engines in their full-size line in 1967. For sale is a 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 convertible. Email Email. This A real-deal 1966 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport is a wonderful thing. Yep, had to go through all the mechanicals as they did for drivability, great. THANK YOU! Reconnected! Done. A Caprice. It is a rare original car with original build. Lot #56,750. While we drove to the location where we photographed Halluska's big brute Impala SS at sunset, when the light turned green he simply couldn't resist pushing the pedal to the floor. WINNERS UPDATE Question of the Week: What's Your Favorite Print Ad For a Car Part? For comparison, heres a genuine documented numbers-matching 427 4 speed 66 Caprice in the same beautiful Aztec Bronze -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MYqqu5Dkpc. If thats okay, just keep browsing. It only gets better when this has the right details to give a shining hardtop presentation 1966 Chevrolet Impala SuperSport that has just gone through a 4 year Nut and Bolt Rotisserie Restoration. If you are in the market for a muscle car and want something a little different, this 1966 Impala SS 427. Good question. DAA Industry Opt Out It does run and move but it does not have brakes. horizontal ribs in each tail-light. Cheswick, PA (281 mi) - Listed 1 day ago . Its biggest issues are some tears on the passenger seat, along with a seam separations on the rear seat. ITS EQUIPPED WITH POWER STEERING, POWER BRAKES AND IS Engine: 350ci V8 1966 Chevrolet Impala Convertible, Original Matching Numbers 396 Big Block V8 Engine, 4 Speed Manual Transmission, 331 Posi Traction Rear End, Power Front Disc Engine: 396 Big Block V8 That is some pretty serious performance and tends to support rumors that were doing the rounds back in 1966 to the effect that the quoted horsepower figures were somewhat conservative. The dual-exhaust system needed replacement, and the brakes were rebuilt. Cheers If ever the expression an iron fist in a silk glove was used to describe a classic car, then it would seem to be appropriate for this one. Semantics are important and descriptions matter. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. Pleasanton, CA (2372 mi) - Listed today . Why? Terms of Use, Your Privacy Choices The SS interior ls new and original style in fantasticcondition. Rear Defroster. This is been fully restored Pro Touring style. MARKETS AUCTIONS DEALERS GARAGE BLOG SELL YOUR CAR . I had a Freind back in 67 bought a car like that a greener colour white interior loaded but no air. It would require a comprehensive restoration to bring it up to Halluska's exacting standards. Check out old hot wheels, they have these hubcaps on some old chevys, those are original, Ford had a similar set. 1965 Chevrolet Impala Ss For Sale in Cadillac, Michigan Description: Restored 1965 Chevy Impala Super Sport Convertible - View this and other Classic Cars For Sale at OldCarOnline.com 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 4-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $48,500 on October 20, 2021 (Lot #57,777) | Bring a Trailer Bid for the chance to own a 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 4-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please enable JavaScript to engage in the discussion on this site. Is it an original 427 car? Tags up to date, Just up for sale after many years of looking for this RARE 1966 Chevrolet impala convertible super s. ClassicCars.com has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, successfully making the Inc. 5000 list in both 2015, For $25.00. Call for Price. Factory. The BaT Service Fee is 5% of the bid, with a minimum of $250 up to a maximum of $5,000. Mundelein, IL 60060, USA 6,000 Miles Mundelein, IL Make offer. Maybe I missed something here but I find this as TOTALLY BELIEVEABLE. Leary of the frame? Lets take a closer look at this Everest, Kansas domiciled Chevy, its available here on eBay for a current bid of $7,600, reserve not yet met. As it rolled to a stop at the sign I was walking towards I saw the 4spd stick being gripped by an older gent with a stooge hanging from his lips. The 427ci Turbo-Jet V8 is topped with a four-barrel Holley carburetor, an aluminum intake manifold, and polished valve covers. Stock #: 4816. It used to have a 427 engine but does no longer? Well, the VIN authenticates is as a 66 Impala SS, with a V8 engine, produced in St. Louis, MO, and the trim tag places the assembly date as being the second week of February. It is rare. Looking at that engine. It is 1966 Chevrolet Impala. His first 1966 Chevy was a 327 Powerglide model acquired from its original owner out of New Mexico. More Chevrolet classic cars for sale. Your bid has been posted in the comment flow on the listing, and you can see other bids there as they happen. Instrumentation consists of a sweeping 120-mph speedometer, a fuel gauge, tachometer, and a suite of warning lights. It has now emerged from hiding, and what a car it is. Nothing seems odd so far, but examining the stickers on the air cleaner, and valve covers suggest this V8 . 427 4 speed. Almost. ***We just spent $8500 on this car! Impala had the back up light center that was white. This one was originally a California car before moving to Tennessee. After the body had been prepped, the car was painted locally in its original Danube Blue by Bennie Macias. For sale is a 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 convertible. The 427-powered fullsize Chevys stand at the top of this exclusive class. $48,495 Private Seller CC-1677862 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS Story and photos by John Gunnell. Original Red Red Now Tan interior none numbers matching 427 Big Block For sale! Discover all 1966 chevelle ss for sale in Canada on Allclassifieds.ca at the best prices. GPC. Description. I mean, Id rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. The tail lights are all one color. There are a few minor body contusions and the front bumper, like mine, has been pushed up and in a bit. This was the first year for the 427. Mileage 48,546 miles below avg.

Balmoral Castle Guards, Articles OTHER