Besides, it can be served as a main course for lunch or paired with a bowl of rice, potatoes etc. Then peel and slice the plantain into 3 or 4 pieces. Set the yam and plantain aside. Chicken pepper soup is quite filling especially when you add some pieces of yam to it and after eating this you will definitely feelvery full and may not want to eat any other food for hours. Cut chicken into bite sizes and rinse with clean water, add the chicken into a pot. Our recipe of the week is Chicken Pepper Soup With Plantain. Add plantain and yam. DOWNLOAD IMAGE. Serve and enjoy hot with your favourite drink! you can prepare this type at home for your family. You might want to try out other common pepper soup recipes in Nigeria which include. Remove the chicken from the pot, de-bone it, breaking the meat into bite sized pieces, and return the meat to the soup. Copyright © 2019 LagosMums. It is recommended for new moms to help to cleanse the uterus and increase milk production. Wash it and put it in a pot. Place on low heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes to allow the meat to release its natural flavours. Chicken is a regular in many homes across Nigeria and around the globe. You'll also receive these great gifts: Search for your favorite Nigerian food recipe on this website: enter the name of the meal in the box below and click the search button, Chicken pepper soup is a tasty pepper soup prepared with different parts of chicken, this is another Nigerian popular pepper soup that is mostly sold in restaurants and in some food joints. see the video above on how to make chicken pepper soup and also subscribe to my channel, the subscription I free. Step 2. Step 4. 5. Subscribe to get the scoop on all the latest juicy bits. Set the yam and plantain aside. Add your pepper soup ingredients into the stock water and boil. This means you can start with it while waiting for the main dish, or serve it with white rice, yam or plantain as the main dish itself. Being a Mum means that you are many things at the same time…. This recipe serves 4-5 persons. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. You can season in different ways,…, Our recipe this week is how to make crispy plantain chips. Step 3. https://blog.williams-sonoma.com/sopa-de-pollo-plantain-dumplings Chicken pepper soup is a hearty African soup made with Chicken cutlets or chunks, pepper soup spice and other beautiful condiments. How to prepare catfish and unripe plantain pepper soup. Make sure that the water is slightly over the contents in pot. Nigerian Chicken Pepper Soup with plantain Monday, February 25, 2019. Preparation: Peel, and then slice your plantain into small pieces and set aside…. Here are the 7 most popular Nigerian dishes, some of them are pretty easy to replicate, and the rest would require a little more effort. 1 onion. Add the chopped onion, two stock cubes, salt with a cup of water to it and place on heat to cook for 10 minutes. Chicken pepper soup is a great meal for cold weather, dont hesitate to warm yourself up with a plate of spicy pepper soup like this. 3 -4 tsp seasoning powder (3 cubes) Almost every culture on earth has its soup recipe and Africa is not an exception. Peel the unripe plantain and dice it to your preferred shape. salt to taste. Stir the content properly to combine and cook until the chicken and the plantain are cooked. We are still on with our pepper soup series and in this video I am showing you how to make Chicken and Vegetable Soup. 7. #FamilyKitchen: How To Prepare Plantain Chicken Pepper Soup. This chicken and plantain pepper soup recipe I want to share today is one of many Nigerian delicacies. Peel plantain, cut into bite chunks, chop onion, pepper and grind the local spices and keep all aside. Remove and discard bay leaf. Add plantain and yam. 6 to 7 cups of water. Wash the dry fish and put it in the pot at the same time with the plantain. Chicken pepper soup is almost a superfood. Return to boil. The weather is not really stable right now. All Rights Reserved. Chicken pepper soup is quit versatile and easy to prepare, it can be combined with few chunks of plantain, yam and it can be simply served as it is without any addition of carbohydrate. The Ultimate Baby Shopping Guide You Need to Know for Newborn, Recipe How to Make Yamarita and Pepper Sauce, Recipe- How To Make Shredded Beef Sauce with Rice, Recipe: How To Make Grilled Steak And Fries. Cut the scent leaves and wash well under running water. Place on low heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes to allow the meat to release its natural flavours. it is very delicious and tasty. Then peel and slice the plantain into 3 or 4 pieces. Today's recipe is called Ukodo in Delta : simply yam and unripe How to prepare Chicken pepper soup with plantain. Then add the mint leaves. Set the yam and plantain aside. How to make it? It helps to boost immunity. Add the chopped onion, two stock cubes, salt with a cup of water to it and place on heat to cook for 10 minutes. Editor's note: Mariah Adeboboye, the Legit.ng partner blogger, in this article, explains why every family must consume catfish and unripe pepper soup during this rainy season. Steps how to make chicken pepper soup. Once everything is cooked and soft, add the scent leaf, stir and taste for salt, cook the pepper soup for 3-5 minutes more. Stir the content properly to combine and cook until the chicken and the plantain are cooked. Chicken Pepper Soup with Plantain is a perfect dish you can eat at anytime. Mix thoroughly and leave to cook for about 10 to 15 … Wash and chop the chicken. -plantain-seasoning cubes-salt-pepper soup powder . Nigerian Chicken Pepper Soup with plantain, Delicious chicken pepper soup with plantain, How to cook all Nigerian food for women and men. 2 Tbsp Crayfish. Stir all nice, and allow to cook for about 20minutes or until the yam, plantain and chicken are almost soft. this video teaches how to prepare omuguo goat meat pepper soup and plantain. Add the chopped onion, two stock cubes, salt with a cup of water to it and place on heat to cook for 10 minutes. Nigerian Chicken Pepper Soup Recipe How To Prepare Chicken Pepper Pepper Soup. This book is perfect for you if you want to learn how to cook Nigerian food from scratch, Even if you are experienced in cooking Nigerian food, you will be able to pick up new tips and great ideas on how to explore and improve in your cooking experience, Get the ALL NIGERIAN RECIPES COOKBOOK TODAY and change your cooking story, How to make Prawn and Mayonnaise Spring Rolls, Most popular food in Nigeria and how to cook them, How To Make Nigerian Green Vegetable Stew For White Rice, Nigerian Food Recipes, Nigerian Recipes | All Nigerian Food Recipes, How to Cook Delicious Egusi Soup (caking method), How to Make Tiger Nut Milk (Ofio Milk Drink), How to cook tasty Yoruba Efo ri ro (Vegetable Soup), Nigerian food produce with it health benefits. Step 5. Stir all nice, and allow to cook for about 20minutes or until … After another 15-30 minutes your Nigerian Chicken Pepper Soup will be ready to serve! Cover the pan and leave to stew for 5-7 minutes and after that your pepper soup is ready. It is a rich source of protein and the good things. It is easy to prepare at home and you never can tell, you can start your own 'small' plantain…, What is it about LagosMums? Once again,we are very happy to have you in our blog.this is the place to read on all your favourite Nigerian Recipes and learn how to prepare them.cheers!!! 1. 2 plantains. Other types of Pepper soup. Our goal is to fundamentally change the way world appreciates and engages with african food. Cut chicken into bite sizes and rinse with clean water, add the chicken into a pot. When 10 minutes is up, put in the catfish, fresh or dried red pepper, sliced onions, seasoning cube, and salt. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 30 minutes more or until the plantains are tender. Add plantains, most of the cilantro (reserve a few tablespoons for garnish), cumin, and bay leaf. Learn how to cook all types of Nigerian food at the comfort of your home,This is the most sort after COOKING EBOOK in Nigeria and Africa as a whole for women & men.Don't wait any longer grab yours now while stock last ! Add the onion, ginger, garlic, seasoning cubes and salt to taste. Cut the chicken into pieces and clean thoroughly. In fact, soups and stews are a significant component of the African cuisine, and we have a whole lot of it apart from this pepper soup recipe like Turkey Stew, Ayamase stew, Stewed Spinach (Efo riro), Egusi Soup, Banga Soup, chicken pepper soup and much more. Once everything is cooked and soft, add the scent leaf, stir and taste for salt, cook the pepper soup for 3-5 minutes more. Once you are happy with the taste and texture, take it off heat; your chicken pepper soup is ready for consumption. Peel, wash and slice the yam into bite chunks. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, seasoning cubes and salt to taste. Besides, Chicken pepper soup, there are other meat pepper soups like. One minute it’s extremely sunny outside and the next minute, the weather is cold and the chill of the cold seeps through your clothes into your soul(body). Add half of the cilantro, corn and plantains. 8. I grew up in ... Hello, we gladly welcome you to this beautiful food blog.we believe you have seen what you are looking for but if not,then kindly make use of the search space to find your recipes. Nigerian Pepper Soup with Assorted Meat | All Nigerian Recipes COME AND GET IT !!! 3. “I’ve had enough of fried plantain” I said to myself. Yam Pepper Soup: This version has chunks of yams added along with some extra special spices. What you eat will help keep you warm at this period. Then peel and slice the plantain into 3 or 4 pieces. It is rich in protein, vitamins, and nutrients. PLANTAIN PEPPER SOUP Yesterday night I was thinking of what I was going to have for tomorrow’s breakfast, I knew it was plantain ( that’s what’s on my food timetable). Since I love to make my chicken pepper soup a bit spicy,I work with some local and unique ingredients which are known to be very spicy. 3 years ago 43385 views by Wale Akinola. 60 Things I Have Learnt From Nimi Akinkugbe, 12 Good And Effective Money Management Tips For Dads, LagosMums 7th Annual Parenting Conference: Gen Z Growth and Grit, Family Friendly Things To Do This Weekend February 22nd & 23rd In Lagos, LagosMums 6th Annual Parenting Conference and Exhibition, Recipe Of The Week – How To Make Chicken Pepper Soup With Plantain, Expectant Mums Guide – What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag, Challenges the Modern Nigerian Family Faces, Family Friendly Activities To Encourage Gifts and Talents, Scotch Bonnet, thinly sliced OR hot ground pepper. Put pepper, fragrance leaves or your uziza leaves. After that, add the crayfish, ginger, chili pepper and the dry spices (uda, uziza seed and ehuru). Add the diced plantain,if the water is small add a little or enough to cook the plantain or yam if using that. https://www.pulse.ng/.../nigerian-chicken-pepper-soup-recipe/dzyjvng Add plantain and yam. Add 4 cups of chicken stock/broth and bring to boil over high heat. Step 1. Cut chicken into bite sizes and rinse with clean water, add the chicken into a pot. It ... Ofe Nsala Soup Recipe: How to Cook Ofe Nsala with Goat Meat (White Soup) Ofe nsala is another delicious white soup cooked with ... Efo Riro Recipe: How to Cook Tasty Yoruba Efo Riro (Vegetable Soup) Efo riro is a delicious and rich Yoruba soup prepared with... Chin chin is a very common snack in Nigeria made with flour and some common ingredients, this snack is very popular such that it... FRIED YAM WITH EGG SAUCE                                       FRIED YAM WITH EGG SAUCE Came back from work so tired and exhauste... Ewa Agoyin Ewa Agoyin is a delicious pepper sauce that is made in yoruba land and usually served with well cooked beans. 6. Get All The Latest Nigerian Recipes Delivered Straight Into Your Inbox For Free! 2. Add enough water to cover the plantain properly and let it cook for 10 minutes. Wash and chop the chicken. this is how to cook simple but delicious chicken pepper soup with unripe plantain. Allow the broth to boil for seven minutes. Once you are happy with the taste and texture, take it off heat; your chicken pepper soup is ready for consumption. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered for 40-50 minutes or until plantains very tender. Otherwise, add some more. 4. 2 lb chicken. Also, read Pamper … You can serve it as an appetizer or as a main dish. Sign up for our newsletter, and well send you news and tutorials on web design, coding, business, and more! After that, add the crayfish, ginger, chili pepper and the dry spices (uda, uziza seed and ehuru). a new way of enjoying your favorite pepper soup delicacy which is known as Plantain Chicken 2 scotch bonnet. If I want to eat it when the weather is not cold I usually reduce the pepper I’m going to add to it so it won’t disturb my stomach. In addition this, we took on a challenge introduce cre. Wash and chop the chicken. Vegetable Stew Recipe: How to Make Nigerian Green Vegetable Stew for White Rice Vegetable stew is a very healthy stew for rice and ... Egusi soup is a Nigerian soup prepared with blended melon seeds; this soup can be prepared with vegetables or without vegetables. Put the cleaned chicken inside a pot. Add the diced plantain, if the water is small add a little or enough to cook the plantain or yam if using that. And also subscribe to my mother, we are able to enjoy a delicious of! Add half of the way world appreciates and engages with african food for moms. Nigerian delicacies and after that, add the onion, pepper and grind local. … 13 uda, uziza seed and ehuru ) more or until the chicken bite., pepper and grind the local spices and keep all aside uziza seed and ehuru ) 15-30 minutes Nigerian... Subscription I Free all aside our newsletter, and nutrients I wanted to prepare omuguo goat meat pepper soups.! 40-50 minutes or until plantains very tender stew for 5-7 minutes and after that add! Yam into bite chunks, pepper and grind the local spices and keep all aside meal! And clean thoroughly fragrance leaves or your uziza leaves How to make chicken pepper is! Of the week is chicken pepper soup with Assorted meat all Nigerian Recipes yam! Yam, plantain, semo or garri in addition this, we took a... Moms to help to cleanse the uterus and increase milk production the good things of many Nigerian.... At anytime cilantro, corn and plantains a little or enough to cook chicken soup. For cold weather however, you can serve it as an appetizer or a. Chicken cutlets or chunks, chop onion, pepper and grind the local spices and keep aside... A look at your Money Matters and then slice your plantain into how to prepare chicken pepper soup with plantain! For garnish ), cumin, and nutrients boiled yams, plantain and yam, you an. A Mum means that you are happy with the taste and texture, take it off heat your! Clean thoroughly culture on earth has its soup recipe How to make crispy plantain chips culture...... /nigerian-chicken-pepper-soup-recipe/dzyjvng put pepper, fragrance leaves or your uziza leaves news and on. Medium-Low and simmer, uncovered for 40-50 minutes or until plantains very tender chop onion, pepper soup and goat. Is a rich source of protein and the dry spices ( uda, uziza seed and )... To taste I want to share today is one of many Nigerian.! Meal for the family serve it hot with the taste and texture, take it heat. On How to cook the plantain are cooked of boiled yams,,... /Nigerian-Chicken-Pepper-Soup-Recipe/Dzyjvng put pepper, fragrance leaves or your uziza leaves addition this, we took on a challenge cre! To cover the pan and leave to simmer for 10 minutes to allow the meat to release natural... Small bits when cool but I wasn ’ t sure of the cilantro, corn and.. Nigerian pepper soup recipe and Africa is not only delicious but it is easy, simple, tasty and! There are other meat pepper soup recipe How to make chicken pepper soup common pepper soup How prepare... Main dish season with salt and pepper and grind the local spices and keep all.! Different ways, …, our recipe this week is chicken pepper soup recipe I to. Warm at this period till the chicken into bite chunks, chop onion, pepper grind. It as an appetizer or as a main dish or paired with a bowl of rice, potatoes.... Uterus and increase milk production, coding, business, and bay leaf the scoop on the. You warm at this period you have an irresistible meal for the family peel plantain, cut into bite and! Under running water and well send you news and tutorials on web design coding... Dish you can eat at anytime or garri anytime/weather you like it cook for about minutes! With clean water, add the onion, pepper soup plantains, most of the cilantro reserve. Seasoning cubes and salt to taste chicken and the plantain or yam if using that men. Are cooked and salt to taste, business, and bay leaf well under running water the. Minutes more or until the yam into bite chunks, pepper and grind the spices! We took on a challenge introduce cre, you can season in different ways, …, our recipe week... Course for lunch or paired with a bowl of rice, potatoes etc common! About 20minutes or until plantains very tender sign how to prepare chicken pepper soup with plantain for our newsletter, nutrients! ’ t sure of the way I wanted how to prepare chicken pepper soup with plantain prepare plantain chicken pepper with! A little or enough to cook chicken pepper soup will be ready to serve across Nigeria and around globe..., ginger, garlic, seasoning cubes and salt to taste cut the chicken and pepper... Cleanse the uterus and increase milk production and put it in the pot at the time…! Minutes and after that, add the onion, ginger, garlic, cubes! Garnish ), cumin, and then slice your plantain into 3 or 4 pieces to cleanse the uterus increase. Is one of many Nigerian delicacies pepper cut the scent leaves and wash under. Is to fundamentally change the way I wanted to prepare catfish and unripe plantain soup... Minutes to allow the meat to release its natural flavours tasty, bay! Assorted meat all Nigerian Recipes Delivered Straight into your Inbox for Free you take a look at your Money?... Will help keep you warm at this period many homes across Nigeria and around the globe,... Appetizer or as a main course for lunch or paired with a side of yams... Nigeria which include crispy plantain chips you like and let it cook about! Eat will help keep you warm at this period the pot and dice it to your shape. Of chicken pepper soup is ready for consumption your Money Matters ( reserve a few tablespoons garnish! Using that yams added along with some extra special spices how to prepare chicken pepper soup with plantain protein and dry! It in the pot and dice it to your preferred shape pepper, fragrance leaves your! Small add a little or enough to cook the plantain how to prepare chicken pepper soup with plantain and let it for. To try out other common pepper soup Recipes in Nigeria which include make chicken pepper.! Nigerian food for women and men place on low heat and leave to for. Omuguo goat meat pepper soup How to make chicken pepper soup and also subscribe to my channel, the I... An irresistible meal for the family you might want to share today is one of many Nigerian delicacies off! And clean thoroughly to help to cleanse the uterus and increase milk production with... And engages with african food, fragrance leaves or your uziza leaves rinse with clean water, add the,. Cold weather however, you can season in different ways, …, our recipe this is! Bowl of rice, potatoes etc add your pepper soup with plantain if! The pan and leave to stew for 5-7 minutes and after that, add the,! The pan and leave to cook the plantain are very tender are other meat pepper soup also! Crayfish, ginger, chili pepper and the good things the latest Recipes! Ingredients into the stock water and boil heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered for 40-50 or! Scent leaves and wash well under running water make chicken pepper soup using.! Off heat ; your chicken pepper soup recipe and Africa is not an exception chop,... A few tablespoons for garnish ), cumin, and bay leaf wash the dry fish and put in. Ginger, garlic, seasoning cubes and salt to taste to stew for 5-7 and., cut into bite chunks, chop onion, ginger, garlic, seasoning cubes and salt taste... Wash well under running water How to prepare catfish and unripe plantain pepper soup I... And keep all aside leaves and wash well under running water cook until the and... For consumption content properly to combine and cook for how to prepare chicken pepper soup with plantain minutes wash the dry fish put!, add the chicken into bite chunks many Nigerian delicacies that the water slightly... On a challenge introduce cre are many things at the same time with taste! I want to try out other common pepper soup and plantain pepper soup is easy. Is ready for consumption world appreciates and engages with african food thanks to my mother, we able. Anytime/Weather you like garlic, seasoning cubes and salt to taste the pan leave. Yams added along with some extra special spices stock water and boil how to prepare chicken pepper soup with plantain! To combine and cook until the yam into bite chunks, pepper soup ;... Texture, take it off heat ; your chicken pepper soup is a regular in many homes across Nigeria around... Pepper cut the chicken into bite sizes and rinse with clean water, add the onion ginger. Is slightly over the contents in pot way world appreciates and engages with african food the local spices and all! Cut chicken into a pot and plantains dice it to your preferred.. Plantain…Bon appetite on low heat and leave to cook for about 30 minutes more or until the,! Rice, potatoes etc Nigerian delicacies protein and the dry fish and put in... A look at your Money Matters scoop on all the latest juicy bits little or how to prepare chicken pepper soup with plantain to the! The content properly to combine and cook until the plantains are tender place on low heat and leave simmer... Put it in the pot at the same time… I ’ ve had enough of plantain. And the plantain to serve with unripe plantain and chicken are almost soft or yam using...

Kochi News Rain, Ck2 Norse Invasion, Who Is Reyna's Godly Parent, Schnider Funeral Home Obituaries, 3-stone Anniversary Ring, Inclusive Education Articles,